Organization: Innovate!, Inc.
Title: GIS Web Developer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Innovate! Inc. in conjunction with the prime contractor is recruiting for a mid-level Geospatial Web Developer to serve the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center in Cambridge, MA.
Must be clearable for Position of Public Trust as well as submit to standard Background Investigation.
The candidate must have proven experience developing custom geospatial web based software applications using C# in the ASP.NET environment and Esriís suite of geographic information system software. The candidate must have strong software development and relational database skills. Experience with Python programming language to automate GIS tasks is also highly desirable.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assist in the design, development, refinement, and maintenance of geospatial web applications, modeling applications, and databases needed to support a wide variety of web-based geospatial tools.
* Assist in the use of GIS and related technologies to develop tools and conduct analyses for the purpose of assessing the safety, security, effectiveness, efficiency, and environmental impact of various transportation systems.
* Analyze requirement, translate into design specifications, design, develop, code, unit/integration test work products, and support deployment activities.
* Participate in peer reviews of software designs and operation code as needed.
* Experience with Esriís suite of Geographic Information System (GIS) software required
* Relational Database experience required
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience with Python is desirable
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Please visit our website at www.innovateteam.com to learn more about Innovate!
Innovate! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.