Organization: Hydromax USA
Title: GIS Analyst Supervisor
Location: Louisville, KY
Hydromax USA is seeking a highly qualified GIS Supervisor to manage its Geographic Information System (GIS) team and to maintain accountability for team responsibilities including gas, water, and wastewater utility databases, map requests, mobile application support/development, GIS related solution requests, and technical standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages staff to achieve departmental performance goals by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; conducting training; implementing and ensuring compliance of Company’s systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains staff levels by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Ensures departmental goals and deadlines are met by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving departmental issues and problems; implementing new procedures and technical standards as needed.
• Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Plans and implements GIS projects and Interpret work requests
• Evaluates overall operations of departmental GIS functions and oversee ongoing improvements of departmental GIS data to recommend enhancements
• Implements project management where appropriate and develop, maintain and update databases
• Coordinates database development activities with data administrators
• Provides technical expertise, user training and support to departmental users
• Coordinates GIS activities with the other facets of the department's work
• Writes technical reports and status reports detailing the activities of the departmental GIS group
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in GIS, cartography, geography or related field.
Experience: At least 5 years’ GIS operating experience and 3 years of water utility experience preferred. 1 year experience with GIS Server SQL environment. 1 year team lead or supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge: A proficient knowledge of ESRI GIS software (especially GIS for Server and Portal), SQL, programming in python, cartographic design and map production, and understanding of public utilities and operations preferred.
Abilities: Ability to perform geospatial modeling, analysis and data manipulation; ability to coordinate, prioritize, and assign tasks for other employees or private contractors, specify project deadline and service recipient requirements when coordinating and prioritizing tasks. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, peers, and upper management; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and capable of participating in departmental presentations.
Skills: Proven skills in technical writing and GIS systems use.
No relocation offered
This is not a remote position
Must be able to legally work in the United States, no sponsorship provided
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K-company matching after year 1, Paid Personal Leave (PTO), 7 Paid Holidays, Profit Sharing.
Hydromax USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.
WHO WE ARE
Established in 2003, Hydromax USA (HUSA) is a professional services firm specializing in data collection in support of locating and assessing the condition of the country’s aging water, wastewater and natural gas conveyance systems. Hydromax’s vast experience with new technologies and techniques empowers contractors, engineers and utility owners to make the best rehabilitation decisions regarding their buried infrastructure.
Based upon a strong record of performance, our customers have recognized that HUSA brings a unique ability to meet their needs for advanced data collection. We work from coast to coast covering the entire United States, without exception. Hydromax USA utilizes the largest array of technologies, within one company, to provide the broadest capability in the country to assess buried infrastructure.
For more information about Hydromax USA please visit us at www.HydromaxUSA.com
Apply Here: Hydromax GIS Analyst Supervisor
An Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)