Organization: Smart-Sciences, Inc.
Title: Geographic Information Systems Technician
Geographic Information Systems Technician – Part Time
Smart-Sciences is looking for a part time (approximately 20 hours/week) GIS Specialist to work out of our Miami, FL office to provide GIS support services to a broad array of environmental and ecological projects. Duties include creating, acquiring and processing geospatial data for review, analysis and map integration.
The core function of the GIS Specialist I position will be to produce a variety of spatial data and products for federal, state, and private sector clients.
• Detail oriented while able to understand/comply with the big picture/goals of a project
• Ability to multi-task and work independently
• Strong analytical skills and desire to learn
• Documents time and effort accurately
• Works productively in both independent and team environments
• Good communication skills
• Flexible – willing adapt to shifting priorities
• Able to research and problem solve
• Can take direction from others and in turn provide guidance to others (specifically non-GIS staff)
• Enthusiastic, creative, and have the desire and skills to interface with colleagues in other disciplines
• Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography, Geosciences, Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of GIS fundamentals and techniques related to data manipulation, geoprocessing, data management and development of metadata is essential
• Must be detailed oriented and have excellent analytical and communication skills
• Understand coordinate systems/projections and how these are manipulated in ArcGIS
• Ability to multi-task GIS work across various projects, handle GIS problem solving tasks and work both independently and with a remote team
• Proficient with ESRI ArcGIS (ArcMap and ArcCatalog) and have strong competency in the use of MS Word and Excel
• Understanding of relational database organization, design, and functionality
• Proficiency in the processing and analysis of raster and vector geospatial data
• Demonstrated knowledge of cartographic design and production concepts and principles
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate in both verbal and written form
• Field based GPS data collection and GIS integration experience desirable
• Basic knowledge of Python and/or model builder
• Some exposure to AutoCAD and/or working with CAD data
• Strong interest in building a career in the environmental consulting industry
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please forward your resume to Gisele Colbert, Principal Scientist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Valid driver's license required. Smart-Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.