Title: GIS Analyst
Location: New York, NY
RKF’s Market Research Department leads the industry in sophisticated analysis of demographics, lifestyle information, consumer expenditures and trends. Our market research team supports our brokers and consultants in the development of retail real estate strategies and decision making tools for retailers and retail property owners. Currently we are seeking a GIS Analyst to join our team.
As the GIS Analyst, your primary responsibilities will include the creation of competition and suitability maps along with demographic analyses and reports. Maintain our proprietary databases, including quality assurance to make sure the data is up to date and accurate when maps and reports are created.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Create Demographic, Thematic and Competition maps.
- Conduct suitability analyses using census and other datasets.
- Assist in data collection and acquisition.
- Create demographic reports using ArcGIS Business Analyst.
- Maintain the quality of our proprietary databases to ensure accuracy
- Identify ways to improve the products and efficiency of Market Research.
- Work with brokers to meet the needs of their clients.
- 2 years professional experience working with spatial data
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography or Related Field
- Experience with ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ESRI Business Analyst, Access, SQL, SPSS and Microsoft Office
- MS Access skills (Query, Append…)
- Ability to write functions in MS Excel
- Ability to multitask and meet client deadlines
- Experience working with Demographic data
- Detailed and passionate about accuracy
- Python or other scripting language a plus (VB, C#…)
- Master’s Degree in GIS, Urban Planning or Related Field
- GIS preferably in a Retail or Commercial Real Estate environment
- Familiar with statistics
- Strong cartographic skills
- Experience with SQL Server
- Familiar with Google Earth and Google Earth Professional
- Skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop