Organization: Quantum Spatial
Title: Aerial Image Intern
Location: Novato, CA
This position is responsible for supporting historical aerial imagery archival and sales through data management, customer service and data entry. Duties include filing contact prints and negatives, locating and re-shelving film canisters, converting hand-written records to spreadsheets and scanning film negatives to produce digital images.
- GIS Digitization of flightlines
- Film scanning
- Client reception and assistance
- Fulfill orders
- Sort and arrange film canisters
- File contact prints
- Convert hand-written records to digital
- Data entry
- Image georeferencing and orthorectification
- College coursework in science, engineering, or a related field
- Understanding of geospatial concepts
- Technical proficiency with GIS software packages
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Touch typing ability
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in remote sensing
- Experience handling aerial film and related equipment
- Experience using image stereo pairs
- Experience with film scanning or processing
Physical Demands and Work Environment
A typical work day for a Aerial Imagery Technician can be broken down as follows:
- 70% office related tasks
- 30% walking or moving film and equipment up to 40 pounds
- Occasional local errands
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
It is the policy of Quantum Spatial to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.