Organization: Central United States Earthquake Consortium
Title: GIS/Data Analyst
Location: Memphis, TN
Date: August 2017
Job Title: GIS/Data Analyst
Type: Full‐time, Contract Term of 9‐12 months, with extension contingent upon funding
Salary: Low‐Mid $40s plus benefits, DOE
Summary: The Central U.S. Earthquake Consortium (CUSEC) is seeking a GIS/Data analyst responsible for general IS/information management system functions including map making, database management, and implementing GIS‐related projects. Working under the direction of a project manager, the GIS Analyst will perform GIS/Information Systems activities to improve regional situational awareness, planning, mitigation, and disaster response and recovery. The position requires working as directed to support the organization, stakeholders, contractors, etc. Candidates with emergency management/homeland security or public safety communities experience preferred.
Activities will include:
• Creating Maps, GIS data sets, and other spatial data;
• Gathering and organizing GIS data into uniform geodatabases;
• Developing GIS applications and web services using a variety of Esri products including ArcGIS Server/Desktop, ArcGIS Online, and others;
• Providing support to deploy and manage GIS applications and services (on premise and cloud);
• Supporting organization, stakeholders, and contractors to evaluate existing data and processes and adopt creative solutions to address issues;
• Developing technical documentation and planning support documents such as reports, training materials, etc. to help communicate technical information;
• Identifying and implementing current best practices related to developing and deploying GIS applications, information systems, and web services; and
• Supporting other GIS/Information Systems activities as directed.
To Apply: Send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography/GIS, Earth Science, Computer Science, Computer Information, or related field;
• 3+ years’ technical and development experience with Esri products;
• Experience using Esri tools such as ArcGIS Online, Collector, & WebApp Builder
• GIS/Geospatial application development for information sharing and decision making support;
• Experience in database design and configuration for geospatial applications; and