Organization: Washington College
Title: GIS Statistical Data Analyst
Location: Chestertown, Maryland
Application Deadline: 2017-12-01
This position is for an entry level GIS Statistical Data Analyst, who utilizes Geographic Information System techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location. Primary duties include applying operational research and statistical techniques across a wide range of problems, collecting and analyzing statistical information, using a wide range of statistical software and spatial analysis tools in ArcGIS to create reports and analyses, and perform quality assurance and quality control checks on various datasets. The successful applicant will report to the Washington College GIS Program Director and/or GIS Project Manager, and is located in the GIS lab in Chestertown, Maryland.
1. Collect and analyze data using spatial analysis tools in ArcGIS and statistical software packages.
2. Establish and update processes to include automation for higher efficiency.
3. Ability to understand and adapt to new datasets.
4. Effectively analyze, correct, and update large datasets for accuracy.
5. Ability to create statistical and geo-spatial analysis for reporting.
6. Efficiently communicate findings of analysis of datasets to partners and customers.
7. Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) on various datasets.
8. Keep all project information current and organized to assure accessibility to others.
9. Attend and present at professional conferences and meetings.
10. Present or hold workshops at professional conferences and meetings.
Bachelorís degree in Geography, Mathematics, or related field with some experience with ArcGIS software.
Experience and Background:
1. Experience working with a small team of students and/or analysts.
2. Familiarity with Microsoft Access, Excel, relational databases and/or databases.
3. Strong understanding and experience with statistical software packages.
4. Some experience with ArcMap and/or ArcGIS Pro.
5. Ability to work independently and in a team environment, establish methodology to complete a project, and produce final products within a given timeframe.
6. Must have the ability to analyze data and detect trends as well as summarize findings, draw conclusions and put together presentations.
7. Possess good analytical and problem solving skills.
8. Possess strong communication and leadership skills.
9. Ability to pass a Maryland and FBI criminal records background check.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references through our online portal at https://highereddecisions.com/wcm/current_vacancies.asp. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Washington College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse cultural environment and encourages applications from women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans.