Organization: State of Massachusetts
Title: GIS Planner / Technician
Location: Boston, MA
The Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance maintains both GIS point datalayers and an Enterprise wide database of Commonwealth owned property (structures and land). Many of the points are not in the correct location and must be moved. In addition, many properties have not been mapped; points for these must be created and added to the datalayer as well as creating new records for the database.
The below is a project based contract position planned for a duration of one year, with an option for a one year renewal.
Under supervision of a DCAMM staff member, the Contractor will:
1. Work with DCAMM staff and facility managers in reviewing and correcting as necessary existing data on buildings (size, age, current use, location, etc.).
2. Research county Registries of Deeds and municipal Tax Assessorís databases and maps to determine location of state owned property.
3. Use ArcGIS software to edit the location and attribute information of points. A current ortho imagery basemap will be used to help determine the correct physical location of land and structures. Points at incorrect locations will be moved. Points will be created for properties which have not been mapped.
4. Additional data quality tasks involving either GIS or Tririga facilities management platform as required.
1. Bachelorís degree in computer science, geography, planning, engineering, or similar field.
2. At least several consecutive months of full-time experience using ArcGIS software.
3. Experience with GIS editing in a Versioned Environment.
4. Logical, efficient, and detail-oriented work habits and good time management skills.
5. Good oral and written communication skills.
6. Evidence of ability to learn new concepts and technologies independently.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Planners
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-1 Ashburton Place
Agency: Division of Capital Asset Management
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2017, 8:12:03 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 18.00 - 20.00 Hourly
Apply via the link below: