Title: GIS Technician
Location: Stafford, Texas
SíEnergy Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician
Stafford, TX (Houston)
SíEnergy is a premier natural-gas utility that provides exceptional customer service through its partnerships with land developers and home owners in the Austin, Houston, and DFW markets.
SíEnergy is seeking a full-time GIS Technician (Entry Level) in its Stafford (Houston) office. This position is a great opportunity for GIS professionals looking to exercise their ArcGIS skills and gain experience. You will practice editing, attributing and correcting polygons and polylines using ArcGIS. Also, you will be exposed to important industry skills such as Python, SQL, workflows and relational database concepts. This is primarily an office position within the Engineering Group. Up to 20 percent field work and travel to DFW Metroplex, Houston, and Austin areas may be required on occasion. If you are a motivated, flexible individual looking to begin/renew your career in GIS, you will likely succeed in this role. You stand to gain experience in an enterprise GIS environment, learn about the natural gas industry, acquire new skills, and all the while, help SíEnergy’s Business Development, Engineering, Construction, and Operation divisions make better, faster decisions. The ideal candidate must be team-oriented, attentive to detail, and organized.
• Utilize Microsoft Excel to interpret data for GIS server
• Create and edit features in GIS server database
• Ensure quality control and integrity of data
• Read and interpret maps, such as easements, plats,
engineering plans, and as-built records
• Digitize data from scanned maps and engineering plans
• Perform coordinate system projections
• Provide technical assistance and support for GIS projects,
applications, and data
• Performs other job responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems or
• ArcGIS 10.5+ software and ArcGIS Enterprise
• Knowledge of Model Builder and relational databases
• Familiarity with mapping, surveying, and engineering
• No supervisory experience necessary
SíEnergy offers a full array of benefits including 401K, life insurance, medical, dental, LTD, PTO, holiday pay, etc.
To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org