Title: GIS Technician
Location: Tampa, FL
UDC is seeking GIS Technicians to join our team. The GIS Technician will perform a variety of duties, which includes reading detailed utility work order descriptions, interpreting utility maps and sketches, data editing and manipulation and analysis within GIS, project specific specification review, technical documentation, data quality control and assurance. Desired candidate will have strong Esri ArcGIS desktop skills and data analytical skills. Ability to develop and/or change workflow practices due to changing project scope while understanding potential impact. GIS Technician will be able to understand project schedule, productivity impacts, and bring fresh thoughts and ideas to processes and workflows.
The successful candidate will meet and/or exceed the following requirements:
• A minimum of a year of Esri ArcGIS Desktop experience
• Great attention to detail and have the ability to work independently
• Experience Electric and Gas Utilities in the GIS industry is highly desirable
• Understanding and use of Schneider Electric ArcFM is highly desirable
• Utility field experience is a plus
• Ability to follow specification documents and understand scope of the project
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word; MSAccess is desirable)
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
This temporary full-time opportunity offers medical, dental and vision benefits as well as 401(k). The position is located in Tampa, FL. Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of GIS Technician_FL. The start date for this position is early March 2018.