Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Data Acquisition Technician
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Data Acquisition Technician I position collects accurate and viable data in a timely fashion operating within an airborne or ground collection environment. The ability to travel extensively is required.
• Operates and monitors optical and LiDAR systems for accurate image quality capture.
• Travel extensively while working as an airborne crew member throughout North America and foreign countries.
• Performs basic surveying duties such as using a GPS receiver, centering a tripod, measuring antenna height, and placing markers and targets.
• Conducts field-level quality control of data, makes backups and ships/disseminates in a timely fashion.
• Prepares and submits logs, reports, expense reports and other materials as required.
• Office time and work to include assisting with sensor maintenance and installation.
• Basic entry level flight planning to assist with layout of flight lines and generated flight maps and document estimation.
• Other duties as required.
High school diploma with GIS certificate or minimum associates degree in a Geography, Engineering, GIS, Earth Science, Math, or related discipline.
• Proficiency in software applications used for processing survey data.
• Experience operating an aerial sensor or LiDAR system desired.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.