Organization: New Light Technologies Inc.
Title: Geospatial Analyst/ Data Scientist
Location: Washington DC
New Light Technologies Inc is seeking a Geospatial Analyst/Data Scientist. Join a team of talented technology professionals in the Washington DC area building state-of-the-art web applications and data tools supporting missions critical to our nation’s communities, economy, and public safety! Apply your skills in Big Data, Analytics, and Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) to develop, enhance, automate, and manage the integration, production, quality control, analysis, reporting, visualization, and dissemination of innovative geospatial data products, maps, reports, and services. The candidate will work in an exciting multi-disciplinary environment among a team of talented and dedicated professionals in a variety of fields including Geography, Planning and Urban Development, Emergency Management, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Information Technology. The candidate will act as a lead and as a member of a team in designing, documenting, developing, improving, maintaining and supporting data integration, analysis, and map production through the project lifecycle from requirements gathering to delivery.
• Provide data production, modeling, mapping, and analysis support
• Develop and manage automated data processing workflows
• Provide data visualization and dissemination
• Support automation and incorporation of models into web and mobile applications, decision support tools, etc.
• Thorough understanding of GIS software, data, methodologies, and challenges
• Strong skills with a variety of GIS software including ESRI ArcGIS, AGOL, QGIS
• Knowledge of statistics principals and techniques
• Experience with vector and raster data, urban, cadastral, and transportation data, social and economic data, digital terrain models, weather data, imagery and remote sensing, etc.
• Experience with data evaluation and integration
• Experience with data cleansing, ETL, data processing, data warehousing, APIs
• Experience with database software (MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle, PostGres, R, etc.)
• Experience developing metadata
• Ability to turn methodologies into tools
• Familiarity with programming, coding, and scripting
• Experience with Python, ESRI ArcGIS Model Builder, etc
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work in a high-paced environment
• Strong writing, communication, and documentation, presentation skills
• A Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, GIS Technology, Cartography, Computer Science, or related field preferred
• Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and have the ability to obtain and hold U.S. Government security clearance
How to Apply:
Please send resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (with ‘Geospatial Analyst/ Data Scientist’ in the subject line).
New Light Technologies Inc., a small business based in Washington DC, provides comprehensive information technology solutions for clients in government, commercial, and non-profit sectors including extensive experience in public safety & emergency management, transportation, urban planning, demographics & economics, environmental studies, telecommunications, healthcare, and other fields. NLT specializes in DevOps enterprise-scale systems development, management, and staffing and offers unique capabilities in IT Infrastructure Modernization, Mobile Computing, Cybersecurity, Big Data Development, Modeling & Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems, and the Development of High Performance Web-based Visualization Solutions.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic company that promotes a strong work/life balance and that leads the industry in providing cutting edge solutions for the government and private sector, you’ve found the place. At New Light Technologies, Inc. (NLT), our team members possess an entrepreneurial spirit, are creative problem solvers and are committed to working hard to exceed client expectations. NLT offers competitive salaries, excellent health benefits and a network of like-minded team members that drive innovation. NLT is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information visit www.newlighttechnologies.com.