Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Seattle, WA
Apply on our website: http://weyer.jobs/12008
You are an experienced GIS professional who is energized by the task of implementing innovative GIS solutions. You speak both “GIS” and “IT”. You take pride in evangelizing GIS to business customers and empowering other GIS professionals through improved collaboration and technology. You are a curious, determined solution-finder who is motivated to achieve excellence.
We are a fun, fast moving team who manages the enterprise-level GIS platform, applications, databases, and services for Weyerhaeuser. GIS is critical to the daily operations and management of Weyerhaeuser’s 13 million acres of timberlands. We are currently consolidating our GIS environments and transforming access to the company’s GIS assets using web and mobile solutions.
In this role, you will work with other members of the GIS Services and IT teams to evolve our enterprise ESRI ArcGIS-based software platform. You will collaborate with GIS professionals throughout Timberlands, Real Estate, and Energy & Natural Resources to deliver innovative GIS solutions using Weyerhaeuser’s ArcGIS Online environment (WebGIS) and mobile solutions such as ArcGIS Collector. Work closely with the business in the development of business cases, financial analysis, project charters, process definitions, and functional requirements for medium to large-sized projects. Develop and promote best practices for usage, operations, and development.
- Provides leadership with respect to strategic vision and tactical use of GIS tools for managing Weyerhaeuser’s land portfolio.
- Champions adoption of web and mobile GIS tools for collaboration and enables other Weyerhaeuser GIS professionals to be more efficient and extend their reach using these technologies.
- Consults with management and business partners to ensure project portfolio and roadmap is planned for the GIS Tools & Technology team including WebGIS, mobile GIS, desktop GIS, and server GIS.
- Works with the GIS Services Manager and Data Stewardship - Team Lead to establish a governance model for WebGIS and mobile GIS to improve cross-company collaboration. This includes prioritizing requests, ensuring quality and consistency among published applications, and ensuring secure and efficient access to mapping services.
- Performs typical WebGIS administrative activities such as provisioning users, designing web applications and web maps, providing user training and issue resolution.
- Leads GIS Services’ efforts to identify, monitor, and improve utility and warranty metrics for its production applications and services.
- Collaborates with other IT teams to advance Weyerhaeuser’s - Connected Forest vision, including incorporating GIS technology and integration into the Forest Management, Wood Flow Planning, Transportation, and Contract/Settlement systems.
- Educates IT team on GIS trends, benefits and risks, and effectively communicates the value and opportunity of emerging technologies.
- In coordination with the Data Stewardship team, collaborates and helps oversee GIS Services’ migration to the cloud by 2020.
- Manages vendor partnerships for software and professional services.
- Anticipates the needs of the GIS Services team and works with and influences the team to accomplish business objectives.
- This position requires occasional travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive, relevant GIS and information technology experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing, developing, deploying, and driving adoption of enterprise GIS solutions using ESRI’s ArcGIS Enterprise, Desktop, and Mobile products
- Experience leading large, complex and enterprise-wide GIS solutions and projects
- Experience administering production GIS systems, including portal and mobile products
- Hands-on experience with GIS data, GIS data processing, and scripting
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models including knowledge of both agile/iterative and traditional project management principles
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles and practices
- Familiarity with Azure and AWS cloud environments a plus
- Experience with people management a plus
- Established as a trusted colleague within IT and GIS communities, and developing strong relationships with business stakeholders, including GIS professionals
- Able to apply business knowledge to develop and deliver innovative, value-added improvements
- Possesses expert level technical knowledge and a fundamental knowledge of how various IT and GIS technologies are integrated
- Excellent collaboration skills in working together with others across all business segments and IT groups
- Identifies opportunities for technology/system re-use, and process and data standardization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Partners with IT Procurement on vendor negotiations and contract management
- Proven ability to operate and effectively communicate while under pressure; as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.