Organization: Planet Forward (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Cincinnati, OH
• GIS Technologist I support the operation and maintenance of the company GIS application by maintaining, reporting, and posting work or by gathering data to be input by others.
• GIS Technologist I is the first level of the classification series, and incumbents at this level are expected to work independently, or as part of a team, under close-to-moderate supervision, and to develop to advance their skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
• Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective time and work management.
• Beginning level of knowledge in understanding and interpreting complex design drawings, property plats, maps, and other related information as necessary to post data in the Company GIS system.
• Generates and maintains GIS-generated operations maps.
• Conducts GIS and related studies.
• Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
• Performs work of a higher classification when preparing for advancement
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Associate Degree in GIS (or equivalent), or 4+ years equivalent industry experience without a degree.
• Good written and oral communication skills