Organization: Milliken Forestry Company, Inc.
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Columbia, SC
The GIS Specialist will report directly to the Information and Technology Services Manager and will be responsible for daily GIS/mapping requests both from internal and external customers. Assignments will be made by the Information and Technology Services Manager, or other MFC staff, with management performing a review of finished work.
Essential Job Functions
Read and interpret source documents such as maps and surveys. Enter required data into the enterprise GIS database. Perform routine GIS functions and analysis. Produce various types of GIS products upon request (including maps, reports, tables). Digitize stand lines, tract boundaries, roads and various other features. Integrate GPS data into the enterprise GIS database. Aerial imagery interpretation. Operate computer workstation to create/update maps as new data is received. Update databases using ArcGIS software. Conduct mapping research to resolve conflicting information and ensuring accuracy of data. Demonstrate continuous effort to decrease turnaround time and work cooperatively.
• Undergraduate degree required in Geography, GIS or related field
• Two (2) years of experience working with GIS or related field
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
• ArcGIS Desktop experience is required
• ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise experience is preferred
• ArcGIS Server, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, SQL, or Python preferred but not required
• Microsoft Office experience is required
• Ability to produce professional, high quality, GIS-based cartographic products
• Ability to become familiar with industry specific terminology and symbols
• Read and interpret maps and surveys
• Communicate orally with management, support staff and clients
• Read and use topographic maps, aerial imagery maps, soil maps and surveys
• Work cooperatively with other employees
• Present facts clearly and accurately in graphic form
Employee may be required to sit for long periods of time and use their hands and fingers to handle paperwork, use office equipment (computer, keyboard, telephone, calculator, copier, etc.) and/or drive a motor vehicle. The employee may also occasionally be required to stand (for filing, copying/scanning, etc.), walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance (as on stools to reach shelves, etc.), kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must have adequate vision to see documents clearly, ability to see close range for long periods of time (as with computer work), drive a motor vehicle and recognize employees and customers. Hearing must be adequate to communicate effectively in person or on the phone with fellow employees, clients and vendors.
To be considered please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org