Organization: SpatialGIS LLC
Title: CityWorks DPW Data Manager
The purpose of the class is to oversee both the management and technical administration of the asset management program, including the control of the department's Asset/work order management system. The position is responsible for the continuation and improvement of the existing Cityworks and other asset management systems and will work closely with DPW Cityworks and other asset management users to define goals, projects and establish business processes.
• Maintaining and improvement of existing Cityworks system
• Conducting further implementation into other potential business areas including Engineering, Permits/Inspections, Facilities, and Pavement Management
• Developing and maintaining workflows documentation; working with GASB34 compliance and asset management practices;
• Providing leadership skills, user support, and training;
• Keeping apprised with advancements in Cityworks solution and ESRI's ArcGIS platforms
• Managing system upgrades and technology solutions related to the asset management program; overseeing maintenance and data collection projects for the asset management program;
• Developing data quality assurances; working closely with all DPW units/divisions, including a close relationship with DPW Cityworks users, to define goals, projects and establish business processes.
• The successful candidate will have project management experience; have strong skills in/with Windows-based computers, business process engineering, communication, public speaking, and diagnostic skills
• Supervising and leadership skills of other staff, analyze using office and software applications, and technical, report, and administrative/supervisory writing needs;
• Overseeing of assigned programs/ projects and significant responsibilities
• GIS data maintenance, mapping, and analysis activities supporting DPW; GIS workflow, and planning cross-departmental GIS activities with external stakeholders from other GIS departments.
• The preferred candidate should have an aptitude to work with information from a relational database and provide a detailed inventory and summation of software products experience.
• Requires Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
• Requires six years of related experience and practical experience with ESRI's ArcGIS software.
• Requires six years of related and practical experience in the fields of asset management, records management, and in geographical information systems preferably relating to asset management applications in utility infrastructure and business operations, engineering, and planning, including the development of technical data/record queries and relationship applications.
• An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
• Strong knowledge of Windows-based computers and business process engineering.
Preferred Candidates will have:
• Masters Degree in Computer Systems, Information Systems or Civil Engineering
• Extensive technical background
• Eight or more years of management and leadership experience
Position Type: Full-time. Employee
Work Location: Baltimore Metro Area
Work Conditions: Primarily an office environment, occasional outdoor field task and travel included
Others: Finalists for the position will be subject to background check and drug testing.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume and cover letter to https://form.jotform.com/73088113222145
Candidates will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.