Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Seattle, WA
Apply online: http://weyer.jobs/12471
You are an experienced GIS professional who is energized by solving problems using location-based data. You take pride in evangelizing GIS to business customers and enabling critical business processes through timely, accurate, and innovative data management services and solutions. You are passionate about sustainable forest management and energy generation. You speak both “GIS” and “IT”.
We are a fast-moving team that manages the enterprise-level GIS platform, applications, databases, and services for Weyerhaeuser. GIS is critical to the daily operations on Weyerhaeuser’s 13 million acres of timberlands. We are currently consolidating our GIS environments, moving to the cloud, and transforming access to the company’s GIS assets using web and mobile solutions.
In this role, you will work with other members of the GIS Services and IT team to manage our enterprise ESRI/ArcGIS based spatial data assets. You will collaborate with business customers throughout Weyerhaeuser Timberlands, Energy & Natural Resources, Real Estate, Legal, and Acquisition and Divestiture to deliver GIS data management, analytic, and cartographic services. You will assist in the development and support of web-based maps and applications.
- Primary steward of spatial data for the Energy and Natural Resource (ENR) business group that includes oil and gas, hard minerals, aggregates, wind, and solar leases.
- Secondary steward in other business areas such as Timberlands, Recreation Lease Management and Real Estate.
- Provide cartographic services to all Weyerhaeuser departments through production of visually compelling standard and custom maps.
- Support Weyerhaeuser’s WebGIS environment in ArcGIS Online through the creation and maintenance of web maps and web apps.
- Identify new methods for using GIS to improve business processes and productivity. Develop creative GIS analyses and solutions to business problems.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to advance Weyerhaeuser’s Connected Forest vision, including incorporating GIS technology and integration into the Forest Management, Wood Flow Planning, Transportation, and Contract/Settlement systems.
- Associates Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant GIS and information technology experience.
- Possess high attention to detail, ensuring that data quality and information is consistently maintained.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proficient in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills while working together with others across GIS, business, and IT groups.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
-This position requires occasional travel up to 10%.
- Possess mid-level GIS technical knowledge and skills, including enterprise geodatabase design, spatial relationships, scripting, and cartography.
- Proficient with the ESRI ArcGIS platform, including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online.
- Hands-on experience with GIS data, GIS data processing, and scripting.
- Ability to write T-SQL statements to query and analyze data.
- Demonstrated cartographic skills.
- Significant experience in the oil gas / mining industries, including working knowledge of oil & gas spatial and non-spatial datasets and software.
- Familiarity with forestry and land title concepts and datasets.
- Significant experience with ESRI enterprise geodatabases, especially SQL Server, and experience with versioning, SQL spatial data type, and SQL spatial methods.
- Experience managing small to medium sized projects.
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles and practices.
- Data visualization experience, including PowerBI.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Apply online: http://weyer.jobs/12471