Organization: City of Naperville
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Naperville, IL
Job Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Closing Date: When Filled
Salary: $61,402.68 - $79,175.01 Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S Eagle St, Naperville, Illinois
Department: Information Technology
The City of Naperville is looking for an enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual to fill the position of Senior GIS Analyst in its IT Department, under the direction of the GIS Coordinator. Working with the City of Naperville’s nationally renowned GIS program, the Senior GIS Analyst will assist in the management and coordination of the City’s GIS program. This position will provide technical expertise in GIS development, implementation, and maintenance and acts as a technical resource for the City’s GIS-related projects.
• Provides technical expertise for GIS hardware and software. Assists in hardware and software configurations and installs and maintains GIS software including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server.
• Determines and evaluates user needs, designs data models, and coordinates interactions with existing data and establishes data collection standards and methods.
• Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and assistance to users of GIS software and applications.
• Assists in coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the performance of outside consultants involved in implementing the GIS system for the City.
• Designs data ETL automation workflows using a variety of programming languages
• Provides web application technology and methodology expertise to support the configuration and deployment of GIS web applications using ESRI’s WebApp Builder, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Hub, and Geocortex.
The ideal candidate will possess the appropriate communication and organizational skills to successfully collaborate in defining, optimizing, and automating GIS processes within various City departments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, or related field
• 5+ years’ experience using ESRI GIS application software
• Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted
• Experience with using software development environments and scripting languages, preferably Python
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
(above the minimum qualifications to perform the essential functions of this position)
• Experience in developing and supporting both desktop and web based applications using VB.NET or C#
• Experience customizing and extending asset management software such as Cityworks
• Proven track record showing the ability to learn new development technologies
• Ability to design and implement cloud based GIS application architecture
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 146,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.