Organization: The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
Title: Technology Program Coordinator
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Application Deadline: 2018-10-04
THE MARYLAND-NATIONAL CAPITAL PARK PLANNING COMMISSION
invites applications for the position of:
Coordinator (13150, Grade 26)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY: $59,434.00 - $101,900.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 09/05/18
CLOSING DATE: 10/04/18 11:59 PM
The Prince George's County Planning Department of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission is seeking a Technology Program Coordinator to assist with the implementation of technology and applications to support the Planning Department's five divisions. The Department provides land use planning for the physical development of Prince
George's County, Maryland. As the second most populous county in Maryland, Prince George's
has a population of approximately 900,000 residents and is home to the University of Maryland at College Park, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, and Joint Base Andrews Air Force Base.
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with strong technology and project management skills. As Technology Program Coordinator, this position will provide support to staff of all levels throughout the Planning Department. Responsibilities include: assisting with the implementation of new software tools and applications for project management, electronic plan review, permitting, and GIS; supporting the Department's electronic document management system; assisting with database (spatial and tabular) development and enhancement; and supporting the implementation of ad hoc technology solutions.
The incumbent will also serve in a leadership role to evaluate existing systems to meet users' needs and assist in training and support for the rollout of new systems and applications. The Technology Program Coordinator will serve as a liaison between division staff and technology professionals. This position reports to the Data Systems Supervisor but will also work
cooperatively on projects throughout the Planning Department and especially with the GIS and Network and Technology Services Sections.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES:
1. Acts as key support staff for technology initiatives within the Division for automated land records, planning, and project management tools
2. Coordinates with the Department's Information Management Division staff and other personnel in conducting feasibility analyses to find the best system that will produce the desired performance, including implementation, user review, system-testing,
documentation, and user training
3. Helps implement technology solutions related to cloud-based applications, database applications, GIS, electronic plan review, and business intelligence solutions
4. Supports management of scanning projects and electronic document files and record drawings; enforces protocols and standards to systematically organize electronic records
5. Creates GIS datasets, maps, and quality graphics, using GIS and graphic tools, to help track various assets and projects and provides quality presentations for meetings
6. Designs, develops, tests, maintains, and evaluates major software and web-based applications to support planning and outreach activities, including training requirements, testing, modifications, documentation, and access/security
7. Provides support for GIS, Access and Oracle databases; provides technical expertise in implementation and maintenance, database design, modeling and data processing; coordinates efforts to link existing databases with spatial information; designs and
maintains databases following protocols set by the Information Management Division.
8. Completes report requests
1. Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, information systems management, or a related field, and two years of varied experience in systems analysis and design, systems development, and data processing; or
2. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition to the minimum qualifications listed above, a degree (preferably Master's) in a preferred related field include computer science, geography, planning, or graphic design or any other related field that demonstrates the necessary skills to accomplish the important duties outlined above.
Strong computer skills in complex databases, project management tools, GIS, Oracle, and Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of one or more of the following applications - Enterprise Asset Management, GIS, Document imaging and scanning, and/or electronic plan submission and review software is preferred. Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is also desirable. Strong
communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong customer service ethic are required for this position.
The ideal candidate should be able to plan and organize own work and meet established deadlines.
Applicants with professional certifications such as (AICP, PMP, LISP, or PE) are preferred.
The Prince George's County Planning Department is currently located in historic Upper Marlboro, Maryland. Free onsite parking is available for employees. In the foreseeable future, the Department will be moving to a newly renovated, state-of-the-art building in Largo, Maryland, conveniently located near Metro and 1-495.
The M-NCPPC offers a competitive salary range of $59,434 to $101,900 at the Systems Analyst level with an excellent benefits package. The Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from minorities, females, and persons with disabilities.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
(13150, GRADE 26)
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
6611 Kenilworth Avenue
Riverdale, MD 20737
An Equal Opportunity Employer