Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Lenexa, Kansas, United States, 66219
WaterOne is an independent public water utility. We've been proudly serving the Johnson County, Kansas area since 1957. Every day, nearly 425,000 customers rely on WaterOne to provide fresh, clean water on demand. It's a responsibility we deliver on.
Our passion is water because water touches everything we care about: family, health, safety, and community. We serve our community by bringing award-winning water to their homes, businesses, and public places.
The purpose of this position is to support the users of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Coordinate efforts and work as liaison between the Geospatial Services staff, Information Technology, Distribution Division, and the other user departments for development and implementation of interactive mapping applications and spatial analytics.
Customer Service Commitment
WaterOne employees shall continuously strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their internal and external customers. Questions and concerns shall be acknowledged on the same day whenever possible, but no later than the next business day. Issues shall be resolved as promptly as possible, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide timely response and establish high priority for GIS map and analysis requests.
- Determine how GIS technology can help customers achieve their goals and objectives and develop project approaches that utilize traditional and emerging technology solutions.
- Lead projects that pertain to geographic data development, maintenance, analysis, and custom geospatial applications.
- Compile, attribute, edit and maintain data in geographic and operational databases and their associated documentation.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining GIS database quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Partnering with GIS Editors in establishing best practices of data entry to ensure GIS data integrity, system performance and efficiencies, and documenting procedures.
- Provide technical support and training for GIS users on GIS applications, GNSS equipment, and other GIS computer equipment.
- Assist in conceptualizing, analyzing and developing new GIS software programs and applications.
- Install, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with GIS, GNSS hardware and software, engineering hardware and software, including field laptop PCs, AutoCAD software, hydraulic modeling software and other engineering applications.
- Code, test and debug GIS software programs and applications according to specifications as assigned.
- Provide support of integration between GIS and other non-spatial applications such as SAP and SCADA.
- Uphold GIS system integrity, security, and confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Information Technology or related field.
- Five years' experience using ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcSDE, and ArcGIS Server software. Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in meeting the requirements of qualifications.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS concepts and analytical techniques, and significant experience with Esri technology.
- Knowledge of geodatabase administration principles and demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise geodatabases.
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including .NET, Visual Basic, Java Script, JSON, and Python; along with visual programming utilizing Modelbuilder.
- Must have excellent analytical, cartographic mapping, spatial analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have knowledge of the theory and use of Windows operating systems, SQL Server database management, Office 365, mass storage file techniques, telecommunications, plotters, global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), and field computer equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be a good listener.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and be teamwork oriented. A cooperative attitude and exhibit diplomacy and judgment when working with staff members, contractors, and/or the public.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks concurrently.
- Must pass post offer medical exam, including background verification and drug screen.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Master's degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Information Technology or related field.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Utility GIS experience, preferably in water or waste water.
- Experience developing in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.
- Integration Experience with 3rd party applications, Asset Management, Hydraulic Modeling, or Work Management Systems.
In addition to organizational competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- GIS concepts and methodologies – Demonstrated understanding of the science of geography with a proven ability to reveal insights into data, such as patterns, relationships, and situations to help users make smarter decisions.
- Tech savvy – Anticipates and adopts innovations in technology applications.
- Plans and aligns – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with department/organizational goals.
- Optimizes work processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to move occasionally from one location to another or be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day. The employee must be able to use office productivity equipment such as a personal computer, calculator, printer, and copy machine. The employee must be in possession of a licenses and be able to operate a vehicle at any given time. The employee must be able to install, maintain, or service computer hardware and software and other related equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Protective equipment, including but not limited to personal protective equipment for eyes, face, head and extremities, protective clothing, respiratory devices, and protective shields and barriers, may be required and shall be maintained in the sanitary and reliable condition wherever it is necessary by reason of hazards of process or environment, chemical hazards, or mechanical hazard encountered in a manner capable of causing injury or impairment in the function of any part of the body through absorption, inhalation or physical contact.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bnbjc2n7dgjhptrp
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse