Organization: Planet Forward
Title: GIS Tech
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Duration: 1 year
This GIS Technician position will be responsible for completing tasks including creating and editing GIS data from various sources in an Enterprise GIS system, performing QAQC in Smallworld, and generating analytical reports and thematic maps using GIS data for internal and external customers.
Strong background and demonstrated experience in ESRI GIS products preferred. Experience in Smallworld preferred. Utility experience preferred. GIS or related technical degree preferred.
Qualifications for the GIS Technician position will include:
• Associates degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience
• 2 or more years of work experience in database entry and support with experience in the use of GIS and AutoCAD
• Knowledge in the use of the following systems/applications: Principles and practices of GIS, GPS, and cartography; AutoCAD software and file structures, as they relate to GIS applications; Source data used to create maps; Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); GIS software (ArcGIS, Smallworld GIS);
• Demonstrated effective analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
• Business and technical understanding of the applications
• Ability to integrate source data into systems of record
• Ability to effectively interact with both business and technical staff, provide quality customer service and support users with inquiries
• Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and thorough in reviewing data for accuracy
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse