Title: GIS Field Technician
Location: Fox Valley, WI
Application Deadline: 2019-04-01
Summary: This is an entry level field role. You will drive a UDC vehicle and record data throughout the WE Energies service territory in the Fox Valley area.
• Start date: April, 2019
• Project Duration: Through October, 2019
• Assignment Type: Full-time (40 hours per week) Temporary assignment
• Location: Wisconsin Appleton/Oshkosh area (Expectation is this Field Data Collection Technician will reside in the Appleton/Oshkosh area during this temporary assignment. No relocation, lodging or per diem will be provided.)
• Pay Rate: $21.50+/hour (Technician will move to unit rate after training.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Uses hand held computer to inventory, inspect and record data associated with Ground Mounted Electrical equipment (GME) such as the location and details of electric transformers, pedestals, junction boxes and switch fuse units.
• Uses equipment and tools, such as a GPS device, camera, tripod, binoculars, shovel, hammer, or other equipment needed to perform the required tasks as defined by the project.
• Performs daily online data transfers and tracking.
• Drives Company vehicle based on the requirements of the project. Fuel will be paid by Company.
• Travels extensively throughout the Utility service area with some overnight stays may be required.
• Reports time and expenses accurately on a daily basis.
• No previous Field experience required.
• GIS Editing experience required.
• Good driving record and satisfactory results of a criminal background check
• Ability to work outdoors in a self-managed environment
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse