Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst/Business Development Focus
Location: North Park, San Diego CA
About Us: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the mission of bringing value to clients through high-quality implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technologies. Evari GIS is a boutique consulting firm specializing in delivering custom GIS solutions for clients on the ArcGIS technology stack and Amazon Web Services platform. Evari GIS Consulting is a fast-growing business with one foot in traditional GIS Consulting and another in the innovation community. Evariís clientele includes some of the largest private companies, investor owned utilities and municipalities in the United States. The firm balances broad national relationships with a deep connection to the local San Diego community. Evari is currently under contract to provide GIS consulting services on traffic, planning, stormwater, street, and roadway lighting and energy services projects, among others. Evari seeks a GIS Analyst with a Business Development focus (GIS Analyst/BD) to help support Evariís growth into the future.
About the role: The GIS Analyst/BD assists in work leading up to the signing of contracts under the guidance of the Business Development Lead. While this position is focused upon getting work under contract, there is a substantial amount of technical GIS work required in proposal writing and other business development efforts. In addition, organizing contracts to be successful requires working knowledge of GIS tools and the capabilities of the team. The GIS Analyst/BD is responsible for responding to opportunities as either a prime and subcontractor, as well as coordinating traditional, internet and social media marketing efforts. It is critical that the GIS Analyst/BD understand the GIS capabilities of the Evari GIS team in order to pursue and win work that the Evari GIS team can successfully complete.
- Responding to RFP/Qs (as a prime or subconsultant)
- Coordinating proposal efforts
- Managing social media and website (Squarespace)
- Preparing the Business Development team for interviews with clients
- Representing Evari GIS at conferences and networking events
- Managing marketing collateral, firm SOQs, resumes, etc.
- Full time, $18/hr with regular opportunity for overtime pay and raises
- Health benefits, including coverage for dependents (after 90 days)
- 401k retirement plan up to 4% match (after 1 year)
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development support - conferences, classes etc.
- Phone and laptop reimbursements
Successful Candidate must have:
- Detailed knowledge of GIS
- Ability to identify opportunities for GIS to bring value to clients
- Familiarity with writing and/or evaluating government solicitations
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Skilled technical and non-technical writer
- Adept at reaching out on the phone to potential clients
- Able to give compelling presentations
- Sociable, good networker
- Excellent time and cost management skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- 1 year of GIS experience
- interest in moving into Business Development
- Enthusiastic about sharing the value GIS can bring to projects
- Willing to perform duties outside of the basic job description and quickly expand skill set into new areas
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
Evari is a small, tight-knit team consisting of hard-working team members who love bringing value to our clients through the use of GIS technology. We pride ourselves on always providing cutting edge solutions and evolving with the industry. Our clients value our commitment to their success, our willingness to adjust to meet their unique business needs, and our professionalism under all circumstances.
The selected candidate will work out of Evari GIS Consulting offices located in the heart of the North Park neighborhood in San Diego, CA. Travel will be expected approximately 10% of the time. The candidate will primarily travel to pre-bid meetings, interviews, trade shows and for presentations in clientsí offices. Travel requirements and durations will vary.
How to apply. Please submit a 1- or 2-page cover letter to [email protected] explaining your interest in the position. Please also include a 1-page resume for consideration. This position is open until filled.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse