Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Cheyenne, WY
An opportunity to work with one of the leading location technology consulting organizations. We are looking for team players that aren't afraid to take on new challenges and who want to collaborate with others to provide the best solutions possible for our clients. If that sounds like you, and you want to contribute to making GISinc a Great Place to Work, then keep reading to see if this role is your perfect fit!
To be considered please submit a detailed CV that outlines the experience and requirements below.
Role: GIS Specialist
The primary role of the GIS Specialists will be to develop fine-scale habitat delineations as described in the third order of Sage-Grouse Habitat Assessment Framework BLM Technical Reference 6710-1 (Stiver 2015) within the state of Wyoming. Contractor shall furnish all necessary management, supervision, labor, materials, equipment, transportation, supplies and incidental services to perform the work in accordance with this statement of work. Contracting company shall indicate successful experience in managing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) project management, geospatial relational databases, enterprise geospatial data quality control, and advanced geospatial analyses and cartography.
Candidates must be eligible for federal security clearance and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Completing all required BLM training and follow policies for network access.
- Creating GIS products, including web services, hard copy maps, graphs and analytical calculations related to sage grouse habitat for administrative uses.
- Working with Data Stewards to compile disparate databases for incorporation into BLM enterprise geospatial databases.
- Documenting schema, requirements, workflows, processes, metadata and results.
- Managing Data, creating cartography, and conducting analysis.
- Compiling data related to the sage grouse home range/seasonal habitats.
- Assisting with the LANDFIRE plans remapping effort.
- Using aerial imagery to digitize features in GIS.
- Working through a review period of deliverables with BLM, partners, and applicable neighboring states to refine data products and reports.
- Coordinating with the BLM State Office for data development, product approval and quality control (QC).
- Completing Mid and Fine scale habitat suitability determinations and reports as a result of the mapping products.
- Minimum of a Bachelorís Degree in geography/GIS, natural resources field such as, but not limited to, ecology, natural resources management, wildlife biology, botany, forestry, fisheries, soils, or related field
- Demonstrate experience of 5+ years developing and editing geospatial data using BLM standard geospatial tools, specifically ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap)
- Demonstrate experience of 2+ years in working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRIís ArcSDE software
- Demonstrate and provide at least 2 examples of geospatial analysis and/or modeling of ecological data and how it was used or applied.
- Demonstrate experience consolidating data from multiple sources to a single data set, including creating, managing, and maintaining geospatial databases (including Esri file and SDE geodatabases).
- Demonstrate experience of greater than 2 years developing and reviewing geospatial or tabular data to meet data standards, such as ensuring requisite data schemas, file naming conventions, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management and general data Quality Assurance processes.
- Demonstrate experience writing FGDC and/or ISO metadata for vector and/or raster products.
- Demonstrate experience in developing written technical documentation (such as metadata, training materials, workflow diagrams, white papers, etc.).
- Demonstrate experience in creating maps to communicate issues, to provide status updates or provide general spatial information to lay persons and geospatial experts.
- Demonstrate ability to orally communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
Ideal (in addition to required experience):
- Professional experience (post-degree) using geospatial analysis for natural resources.
- Experience (educational or professional) working in sagebrush ecosystems and/or with sage-grouse.
- 2+ years experience with ArcGIS version 10.3 or higher.
- Demonstrate experience developing stand-alone executable geospatial models and tools using Esri ModelBuilder, Python or similar products.
Competencies and Skills:
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a wide range of people.
- Comfortable working in high paced environment.
- Able to translate technical concepts into laymanís terms.
- Able to coordinate with program stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge of GIS data development, editing and quality control procedures.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and ability to multi-task.
- Onsite at the BLM Wyoming State Office in Cheyenne, WY
- Travel up to 20% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse