Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: GIS Modeling Database Analyst
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a GIS Modeling Database Analyst to work onsite with our federal government client in Cheyenne, WY where the primary responsibilities will be to develop fine-scale habitat delineations for greater sage grouse within the state of Wyoming. The Analyst will work with federal staff, various state agency personnel, University of Wyoming staff and other data stewards from surrounding states to determine the current geographic extent of greater sage grouse home ranges within the distribution of existing mid-scale subpopulation boundaries.
• Bachelor’s degree in a natural resources field such as, but not limited to, ecology, natural resources management, wildlife biology, botany, forestry, fisheries, soils, etc. from an accredited university.
o Preference will be given to those with professional experience (post-degree) using geospatial analysis for natural resources
o Preference will be given to those with experience (educational or professional) working in sagebrush ecosystems and/or with sage-grouse
• Minimum of 5 years of directly related intensive and progressive experience
• Provide at least 2 examples of geospatial analysis and/or modeling of ecological data and how it was used or applied.
o Preference will be given to those demonstrating experience developing stand-alone executable geospatial models and tools using Esri ModelBuilder, Python or similar products.
• Professional experience of greater than 5 years with Esri’s ArcGIS Desktop software.
o Preference will be given to those demonstrating at least 3 years of experience using ArcGIS Desktop10.3 or higher
• Demonstrated professional experience of greater than 2 years working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s ArcSDE software
o Preference will be given to those that demonstrate experience in designing and editing geodatabases with related tables to a state or national standard
• Professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management
• Professional experience consolidating data from multiple sources to a single data set. This can include creating, managing, and maintaining geospatial databases (including Esri file and SDE geodatabases)
• Demonstrated experience with performing geospatial statistical analysis
• Demonstrated professional experience assessing and documenting data needs
• Professional experience writing FGDC and/or ISO metadata for vector and/or raster products
• Experience in developing written technical documentation (such as metadata, technical documents, workflow diagrams, white papers, etc.)
• Ability to communicate technical information effectively (both orally and in writing) to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike
• Ability to work with projects of varying timelines from yearlong implementation schedules to products with hours for quick turnaround production
• Creating GIS products, including web services, hard copy maps, graphs and analytical calculations related to sage grouse habitat for administrative uses.
• Working with Data Stewards to compile disparate databases for incorporation into the federal client’s enterprise geospatial databases
• Using aerial imagery to digitize features in GIS
• Compiling data related to the sage grouse home range/seasonal habitats
• Documenting schema, requirements, workflows, processes, metadata and results
• Assisting with the LANDFIRE plans remapping effort
• Working through a review period of deliverables with our federal client, partners, and applicable neighboring states to refine data products and reports
• Coordinating with the federal client’s State Office for data development, product approval and quality control (QC).
• Completing Mid and Fine scale habitat suitability determinations and reports as a result of the mapping products
• Performing other duties as assigned
CANDIDATE PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
•OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
•National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
•Release to Obtain Credit Information
•PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Vet/Disability.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse