Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Lenexa, Kansas, United States, 66219
WaterOne is an independent public water utility. We’ve been proudly serving the Johnson County, Kansas area since 1957. Every day, nearly 425,000 customers rely on WaterOne to provide fresh, clean water on demand. It’s a responsibility we deliver on.
Our passion is water because water touches everything we care about: family, health, safety, and community. We serve our community by bringing award-winning water to their homes, businesses, and public places.
The purpose of this position is to support the users of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Coordinate efforts and work as liaison between the Geospatial Services staff, Information Technology, and the other user divisions and departments for development and implementation of interactive mapping applications and spatial analytics.
Customer Service Commitment
WaterOne employees shall continuously strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their internal and external customers. Questions and concerns shall be acknowledged on the same day whenever possible, but no later than the next business day. Issues shall be resolved as promptly as possible, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide timely response and prioritize requests for GIS maps, data analysis and GIS applications.
- Compile, attribute, edit and maintain data in geographic and operational databases and their associated documentation.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining GIS database quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Partner with GIS Editors in establishing best practices of data entry to ensure GIS data integrity, system performance and efficiencies, and documenting procedures.
- Provide technical support and training for GIS users on GIS applications, GNSS equipment, and other GIS related technologies.
- Assist in conceptualizing, requirements gathering, analyzing, designing, and configuring new Web GIS and Mobile GIS applications in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Install, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with GIS, GNSS hardware and software, engineering hardware and software, including field laptop PCs, AutoCAD software, hydraulic modeling software and other engineering applications.
- Design, configure, test and debug Web GIS and Mobile GIS software applications according to specifications as assigned.
- Provide support of integration between GIS and other non-spatial applications such as SAP and SCADA.
- Uphold GIS system integrity, security, and confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Information Technology or related field plus five years’ experience using ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online. Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in meeting these requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS concepts and analytical techniques, and significant experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS platform.
- Knowledge of geodatabase administration principles and demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise geodatabases.
- Must have excellent analytical, cartographic mapping, spatial analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have knowledge of the theory and use of Windows operating systems, SQL Server database management, Office 365, mass storage file techniques, telecommunications, plotters, global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), and field computer equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be a good listener.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and be teamwork oriented.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude and exhibit diplomacy and judgment when working with staff members, contractors, and/or the public.
- Detail orientation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks concurrently.
- Must pass post offer medical exam, including background verification and drug screen (may not apply to current employees).
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting GIS Web and Mobile Applications in ArcGIS Online and/or ArcGIS Enterprise through ArcGIS Solutions, Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, Survey123, ArcGIS Collector, and ESRI Story Maps.
- Utility GIS experience, preferably in water or waste water.
- Integration Experience with 3rd party applications, Asset Management, Hydraulic Modeling, or Work Management Systems.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Experience with spatial ETL processes and tools including ESRI’s Data Interoperability extension.
- Working technical knowledge of ArcGIS platform scripting languages, expression languages and code repositories, such as Python, SQL, Arcade, and Github.
- Experience with visual geoprocessing model development using ArcGIS ModelBuilder.
These key core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee at WaterOne:
- Customer Focus - Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds collaborative relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Communicates Effectively - Demonstrates the ability to listen and express oneself effectively.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Demonstrates the ability to effectively coordinate with others to achieve goals and solve problems by maintain flexibility and open mindedness.
- Problem Solving/Drive for Results - Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to complex problems.
- Conscientiousness - Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
In addition to organizational competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- GIS concepts and methodologies – Demonstrated understanding of the science of geography with a proven ability to reveal insights into data, such as patterns, relationships, and situations to help users make smarter decisions.
- Analytical – Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Creative & Innovative – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Dependable – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Growth & Development - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to move occasionally from one location to another or be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day. The employee must be able to use office productivity equipment such as a personal computer, calculator, printer, and copy machine. The employee must be in possession of a licenses and be able to operate a vehicle at any given time. The employee must be able to install, maintain, or service computer hardware and software and other related equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Protective equipment, including but not limited to personal protective equipment for eyes, face, head and extremities, protective clothing, respiratory devices, and protective shields and barriers, may be required and shall be maintained in the sanitary and reliable condition wherever it is necessary by reason of hazards of process or environment, chemical hazards, or mechanical hazard encountered in a manner capable of causing injury or impairment in the function of any part of the body through absorption, inhalation or physical contact.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7ppr7fjjqn3zpsqn
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse