Organization: Spatial Systems Associates Inc
Title: GIS Technician / GIS Analyst
Location: Columbia, MD USA
Are you an experienced GIS analyst/technician looking for challenging work and the ability to develop professionally in a collaborative environment? Then we invite you to explore the opportunities available with our growing company!
We are currently seeking GIS Technician/Analyst candidates for work in the MD and DC region to support our growth. The GIS Technician/Analyst will work directly with Project Managers and perform geodatabase population, field data collection and source data research, cartographic map development, geometric network connectivity analysis, surface analysis and flow analysis.
What we offer:
• A collaborative culture that fosters learning and professional growth
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Competitive benefits including Health insurance, health flexible spending, and 401K retirement
• Paid time off for sick/vacation time and company paid holidays
What we need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or similar discipline; Academic coursework in or using GIS technology
• Previous work experience in the GIS Industry
• Ability to work within a project team as well as independently
• Must have a valid driver’s license to be able to travel within the Baltimore and DC metro areas
• Must be a US citizen for government contracts requirement
• Active Security Clearance is highly preferred
• Highly prefer skills with the following:
ArcGIS 10.x, ArcGIS Model Builder, Python Scripting, Map/plan interpretation
Who we are:
Spatial Systems Associates, Inc. was founded in 1995 and has provided GIS related products and services to Federal, State, County, Municipal, Non-Profit, and Private Industry customers throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. We provide GIS services in the areas of data development, field data collection/validation, application development, analysis, cartography, and implementation consulting. SSA is an Esri Business Partner and collaborates closely with Esri staff. SSA has major purchasing contracts with U.S. Government, State of Maryland, various county and municipal government clients.
How to apply: Please send cover letter with salary expectations, resume and copy of school transcript to [email protected] Please note that relocation expenses will not be paid for this position.
SSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse