Title: Summer GIS Intern
Location: Lenexa, Kansas, United States, 66219
WaterOne is searching for a talented, motivated, and eager-to-learn GIS Intern for our Information Technology Department. This excellent, paid-internship will provide a great opportunity for you to gain real world experience by assisting our IT Department on a multitude of projects that are critical to WaterOne.
What you’ll be doing…
You will play an important role by collecting field data, performing map editing using ArcInfo GIS software, map creation, updating attribute data for specific GIS projects, collecting GPS points in the field, and performing data analysis. This excellent opportunity gives you the chance to utilize your hard work and knowledge of GIS while learning from an experienced team who are ready to help you grow and develop!
These key core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee at WaterOne:
- Communicates Effectively – Demonstrates ability to listen and express oneself effectively and shares information as appropriate for the position needed to perform the job effectively.
- Conscientiousness – Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
- Customer Focus – Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds collaborative relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Demonstrates the ability to effectively coordinate with others to achieve goals and solve problems by maintaining flexibility and open mindedness.
- Problem Solving/Drive for Results – Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to complex problems and consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
Who you are…
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for GIS, mapping, and IT who want to make the most out of an opportunity to apply their education, skills, and talents!
The successful candidate must:
- Have a minimum educational requirement of completing at least two years towards degree.
- Have completed two GIS courses minimum using ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise and/or ArcGIS Online
- Have knowledge of the theory and use of the following technology systems; Windows Operating system, Microsoft Office and/or Office 365, file and data storage techniques and systems, GPS data collection techniques, and GIS systems.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have good analytical, cartographic mapping, spatial analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to commit to working with us for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Possess a valid driver's license and continuously meet WaterOne driving standards.
- Pass a post offer medical exam, including background verification and drug screen
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Working towards GIS, Geography, Compute Science or Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience using engineering design technologies such as AutoCAD and/or GPS data collection experience using high-precision "survey-grade" GPS equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to move from one location to another occasionally. Must be able to remain in a stationary position frequently. Must be able to use office productivity equipment such as a calculator, personal computer, printer, and copy machine.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Does this excellent opportunity sound like what you’re looking for? Great, we want you to apply! Internships are competitive at WaterOne so submit your application as soon as possible.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9cx9ftsfkf7qhkvb
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse