Organization: University of Guam
Title: Graduate Research Assistant - GIS
Location: Guam USA
• Bachelor's degree in a field of STEM (Science, technology,engineering and mathematics) and be computer literate.
• The finalist needs to enroll in Environmental Science graduate program at the University of
Guam as soon as possible upon employment.
• Background and/or willing to be trained in GIS/remote sensing,
• Skills in computer programming in Python, VBA or other programming languages are preferred.
• Be reliable, have organizational and social skills, and demonstrate ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Water and Environmental Research Institute (WERI) of the Western Pacific faculty in GIS (Dr. Yuming Wen), the Research Assistant II will assist the faculty's research projects focusing on geospatial and statistical analysis of the occurrence,magnitude, distribution,associations,and trends of salinity in Guam's drinking water production wells.
Duties including collecting and processing salinity data available from Guam Waterworks Authority (GWA) and other sources, and linking such information to a point-feature class (e.g., well locations) so that it can be applied in GIS-based analysis, modeling and visualization. The work will focus on visualization and analysis of patterns and trends of salinity in Northern Guam Lens Aquifer (NGLA), and determination of factors affecting the salinity levels. Products will include maps, charts and analyses about salinity for individual wells and groups of wells in NGLA.
Applicants must be computer literate, and know how to use ArcGIS software. Successful applicant will receive salary, and tuition and fees will be covered for coursework and thesis credits leading toward a Master of Science degree in environmental science.
The finalist should be eligible to work in the USA.
The finalist will work with the faculty of GIS as a full time research assistant until mid-June 2020, and then as a part time graduate RA afterwards.
Official transcript and 3 reference letters
START DATE: Immediately or ASAP.
If interested, contact Dr. Wen at [email protected] for details.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse