Organization: City of Naperville
Title: GIS Developer
Location: 400 South Eagle Street Naperville, IL 60540
The City of Naperville is seeking a GIS Developer to provide technical expertise in creating custom web applications, tools, and workflows to support the City’s Enterprise GIS Platform. This position will report to the GIS Coordinator in the IT Department and will join a cross-functional technical team including members of the Data and Automation Teams as well as departmental analysts, technicians, and front-line City staff members. Salary will be up to $83,988.85/ Annually (commensurate with experience).
The GIS Developer will be part of the Enterprise GIS team that administers and supports the city’s GIS infrastructure including GIS Server architecture, desktop software applications, and spatial databases.
They will work closely with the City’s Data team to deliver custom enterprise solutions with an emphasis on automation and customization.
• Designs, configures, and implements the organization’s GIS applications including ESRI WebApp Builder, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Hub, and Geocortex based on analysis of user and departmental requirements.
• Provides web application technology and methodology expertise to support the configuration, testing and deployment of GIS web applications and tools.
• Maintains existing GIS applications including system modifications and troubleshooting system problems
• Prepares and updates both technical documents and user manuals
• Designs data automation workflows using a variety of programming languages such as Python, SQL, or ArcGIS Model Builder.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, or related field
• 3+ years’ experience using ESRI GIS Application Software
• Previous Involvement with Azteca Cityworks Server or other enterprise maintenance management systems
• Experience with Geocortex Essentials, REST API’s, and MS Visual Studio
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse