Organization: University of Virginia
Title: Geospatial Analyst
Location: Charlottesville, VA
The University of Virginia has an exciting opportunity for a Geospatial Analyst in our Geospatial Engineering Services Department. This position is responsible for creating and delivering geospatial solutions based on geospatial data and analytics to fill customer requests for geospatial solutions. This position is responsible for modeling and analysis of spatial data relationships that support customer requests for geospatial solutions. This position works with a team of geospatial professionals to manage geographic and relational data associated with the infrastructure, projects, and business processes across University Grounds.
*Key duties of this role include, but are not limited to*:
• Design, develop and analyze geospatial solutions based on customer requests or design improvements and enhancement requirements
• Coordinate changes to drawings, maps, and relational data with consultants, project managers, superintendents, and others to support infrastructure changes to support analysis and business processes
• Analyze and model spatial relationships
• Perform data quality analysis and maintenance to maintain a high level of system accuracy
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in geography, planning, architecture, environmental sciences, computer science, engineering or computer-aided drafting and design or equivalent combination of education and/or experience with significant coursework in computer-aided drafting and design, geography, environmental sciences or planning. An Associate's degree with a minimum of six years of professional experience utilizing geospatial systems for analyzing, developing, integrating, and managing a variety of large-scale data sets to aid in decisions may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience: A minimum of two years of professional experience utilizing geospatial systems for analyzing, developing, integrating, and managing a variety of large-scale data sets to aid in decisions is required.
*Required Computer Applications*:
• ArcGIS or similar geospatial systems
• Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
• SQL or similar relational database
Position Compensation Range: $62,000.00 - $72,000.00 Annual
To review additional duties and requirements and apply for this position, please visit https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search for ‘Geospatial Analyst'.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Eirine Vlavianos, Recruiter at [email protected]
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse