Organization: Carson City Information Technology
Title: Asset Manager
Location: Carson City, NV USA
This is an exciting opportunity to work and grow in the Carson City Information Technology department! We serve the citizens of the consolidated municipality of Carson City, Nevada by supporting the technology needs of city and county agencies. If selected for this position, youíll be working with a group of talented team members in an environment with modern technology and a focus on continuous improvement. Youíll be exposed to a wide variety of systems and services and will have an opportunity to work with many of the exceptional people who help make Carson City a great place to live, work, and play!
Under general supervision, performs a full range of asset management functions and Geographic Information System (GIS) duties; serves as a systems matter expert responsible for analyzing, designing, implementing and improving work flow processes for asset management and GIS tasks; responsible for geodatabase and asset management database creation, assembly and accuracy.
Examples of Duties:
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
* Provides customer service, support, maintenance, upgrades and enhancement of the Cityís Enterprise Asset Management software platform.
* Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, reviews and evaluates the work of staff.
* Coordinates and supervises the work of vendor support personnel and contractors.
* Performs analysis of the criticality of infrastructure systems and provides priorities and recommendations for the rehabilitation and replacement of assets through capital planning and other funding mechanisms.
* Builds, implements, supports and adjusts a strategic asset management plan for the Cityís infrastructure systems.
* Develops and monitors key performance indicators for asset systems and pursues continuous process improvement initiatives.
* Identifies needs for GIS applications including mapping and geodatabase development, maintenance and automation.
* Maintains expertise in GIS-related software and technologies.
* Develops routine to complex command scripts using computer programming.
* Creates workflow processes to integrate asset management data with GIS.
* Serves as a liaison with GIS and asset management vendors for proper acquisition, installation, operation and maintenance of related resources.
* Determines and executes the appropriate workflow sequence for completing complex tasks.
* Processes and digitizes data to enter information into GIS.
* Creates and modifies data files by entering electronically converted data into appropriate databases, geodatabases and enterprise geodatabase systems.
* Develops maps in accordance with technical guidelines.
* Prepares a variety of technical, statistical and narrative written reports, correspondence, procedures and other written materials.
* Uses standard office equipment, including a computer, in the course of work; drives a personal or City motor vehicle to attend meetings and visit off-site City locations.
* Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with elected officials, clients, visitors and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelorís Degree with major course work in Geography, Cartography, Engineering, GIS, Computer Science or a closely related field; AND one (1) year of technical experience in GIS application and database management; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
A valid driverís license
GISP certification is desirable
Required Knowledge and Skills
* Principals of surveying, mapping, global positioning systems and use of aerial photography and satellite imaging.
* Database implementation, management and QA/QC for computerized maintenance management systems.
* Cartographic technology and GIS applications.
* The Esri GIS software platform.
* Predictive maintenance programs and condition monitoring for above- and below- ground asset management programs.
* Computerized data compilation and conversion techniques.
* Computer-aided mapping and graphic techniques.
* Record keeping principles and practices.
* Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals, at all levels of responsibility, in person and over the telephone, often where relations may be confrontational or strained.
* Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
* Managing geographic data, spatial analysis and map creation
* Managing asset life cycle data
* Using computer-aided systems to produce maps and related property information
* Maintaining accurate and interrelated database records
* Understanding and following oral and written directions
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
* Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
* Reading and interpreting surveys, legal descriptions, maps and aerial and ortho photographs
* Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
* Preparing clear and well-organized written and oral reports.
For additional information and to apply for this position, please visit:
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse