Organization: Springfield Water and Sewer Commission
Title: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Location: Agawam, Massachsuetts
JOB TITLE: GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS) ANALYST
The Springfield Water and Sewer Commission (SWSC) is looking for you to join us as a GIS Analyst at our Bondi’s Island facility in Agawam, MA. This exempt position plays a critical role in the revision and enhancement of the Commission’s GIS database, while furthering the development and implementation of GIS applications. This position reports to the GIS Manager.
About SWSC: SWSC was established in 1996 as an independently operated and managed regional water and wastewater utility that provides retail and wholesale water and sewer service to approximately 250,000 customers across multiple communities in the lower Pioneer Valley. The SWSC has approximately 250 employees that operate and maintain a system of one thousand miles of water and sewer pipe, treatment plants, reservoirs, watershed land, dams, and other critically import infrastructure that serves the public.
Mission Statement: SWSC’s mission is to provide an uninterrupted, high-quality supply of water to our customers, to collect and treat wastewater, and return clean water to the environment. www.waterandsewer.org
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Revise the Commission’s GIS database through a combination of desktop GIS editing procedures and field operation of GPS hardware.
• Implement, maintain and operate GPS hardware and software solutions.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems documentation.
• Contribute to the design of new or revised GIS datasets, map revision workflows, analysis methodologies, applications, and implementation strategies.
• Provide training and support to Commission staff with client-facing GIS application needs.
• Work closely with Engineering, Operations, and Management professionals to support their data needs.
• Assist in maintaining a multi-editor enterprise GIS database.
• Provide GIS support to the enterprise; act as point of contact for GIS-related issues.
• Contribute to transitions of GIS applications to next-generation environments and/or cross-functional systems.
• Participate in coordination with IT personnel to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of GIS applications to meet business demands.
• Mentor and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
• Strong experience supporting and using ArcGIS Desktop (ArcGIS Pro & ArcMap,) ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal and ArcGIS Online products.
• Advanced knowledge of GIS software and familiarity with relational database design as it applies to GIS.
• Knowledge of principles, practices and trends of GIS technology.
• Experience with programming and scripting languages
(e.g., Python, SQL, Esri Model Builder).
• Knowledge of general mapping principles, spatial analysis, and cartography.
• Experience in data modeling.
• Demonstrated ability to provide training in the use of GIS applications.
• Ability to conduct research into GIS issues and products as required.
• Knowledge in GPS devices or applications and their usage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a Bachelor degree in in geography, regional planning, natural resources, engineering or related field, and at least two years of progressively responsible experience in the usage, design, development and support of geographic information systems and supporting technologies.
Knowledge of Water and Wastewater infrastructure is a plus. GISP certification strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse