Organization: Palmetto Engineering and Consulting/CT&T
Title: GIS I
Location: North Little Rock, AR
POSITION: GIS Technician I (Entry Level)
OVERVIEW: Palmetto Engineering & Consulting, LLC/CT&T, a professionally licensed engineering and consulting firm, specializing in industrial electrical and telecommunications disciplines, is currently seeking to hire a full-time GIS I. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a growing company that enables professional development and personal achievement. The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a desire and aptitude for additional learning and be capable of working in a team environment, striving for quality.
LOCATION: Data Solutions Division in Greenville, SC USA
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS or an associated field heavily weighted or a combination of work experience and/or training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Proficiency in the use of Esri GIS software, ArcGIS Desktop 10.x, ArcSDE-ArcGIS Server.
• Proficiency in the use of MS SQL, MS Excel, and MS Access.
Qualifications beneficial, but not required:
• Knowledge of telecommunication systems.
• Working knowledge of CrescentLink™ fiber management software and Sabal Data Model.
• Ability to interpret electrical distribution specifications and drawings.
• Ability to interpret telecommunication outside plant specifications.
• Proficiency in languages and tools such as: SQL, Python, FME, ArcGIS Model Builder, and other spatial data processing tools.
• Ability to consult clients in best practices for data management including workflows, tools, governance models, and integration patterns.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
• Create, edit, integrate, verify, and manage geospatial data and attributes using GIS software.
• Provide Esri and CrescentLink™ support to customers and Palmetto Engineering personnel.
• Compile and extract geographic data from a variety of sources.
• Perform GIS database conversions to and from different formats.
• Perform database design, advanced GIS analysis, and modeling.
• Assist and support Project Managers in meeting project deliverable requirements and deadlines.
• Communicate task status, needs and issues to team members and managers.
• Produce time sensitive GIS reports for clients and ensure deadlines are met.
• Document and maintain records of data processing procedures and decisions.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, organize, adjust to changing priorities, and work cooperatively.
HOURS: M-F primarily 8:00 AM to 5 PM
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: Salary is dependent upon education, experience and credentials; Benefits package includes employer paid Employee Health, Short-term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance Plan; 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Supplemental Insurance also available.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit resumes, cover letter not necessary, by e-mail to [email protected] or fax to 1-866-291-5275 or request employment application. EOE.
DEBORAH LOFTIS, HR DIRECTOR
PALMETTO ENGINEERING & CONSULTING
3504-320 HIGHWAY 153
GREENVILLE, SC 29611
[email protected] – e-mail
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse