Organization: ASRC Federal Field Services
Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Avon Park, FL
Job Title: Engineering Technician
ASRC Federal Field Services is seeking an Engineering Technician in support of the Installation Engineering Services section on our program at Avon Park Air Force Range (APAFR) near Avon Park, FL.
Primarily responsible for assisting in preparing construction project packages, coordinating design reviews, reviewing and processing material submittals, and providing daily construction oversight of third-party general contractors. Additionally, maintain the APAFR Installation Geospatial Information and Service (IGI&S) model per USAF GeoBase program standards and fulfill on-site customers' requests for GIS queries and mapping products.
Benefits include health & welfare, medical and 401k programs, and paid time off including government holidays.
Base work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm.
• Assist in preparing project documentation in accordance with Air Force programming rules and local contracting office requirements.
• Maintain electronic project folders in accordance with contract standards.
• Coordinate and assist in preparing for and conducting project kickoff meetings and site visits.
• Review and determine validity of technical product submittals for construction.
• Review and advise on contractor's design/construction project schedules.
• Draft responses to official requests for information from design/construction contractors.
• Provide daily construction and safety program oversight, identifying and reporting any noted deficiencies, non-conforming work activities, or safety violations.
• Exercise stop work authority when imminent danger situations are encountered placing worker(s) at risk.
• Coordinate and perform required interim and final inspections with contracting office; assist in developing punch list.
• Assist in updating project information the Air Force's NexGenIT/Tririga database.
• Assist customers in developing and communicating requirements for mapping products.
• Work with site facility maintenance team to provide inputs to BUILDER, the USAF's real property and facility assessment program, to justify project need(s).
• Minimum of Associates in engineering-related or other technical discipline or three-years of USAF Civil Engineering squadron-level experience in lieu of degree.
• Two years' experience in engineering and construction project planning, design, & execution.
• Expert in use of ESRI ArcGIS
• Proficient in use of Microsoft 365 software suite.
• Meet and maintain required government security requirements.
• Possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's license, or if other state, have no impediments to transferring license to Florida.
• Be able to pass a background check, drug screen, and physical.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills to include ability to draft statements of work, complete online and in-person training, and communicate effectively with deference to on-site customers.
• Have ability to self-identify and self-perform work.
• Be committed to providing for and maintaining a safe working environment.
• Have ability to perform repetitive physical tasks involving lifting at least 50 lbs.
• Geographic Information System Professional (GISP)
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering Management
• Familiarity with USAF project information systems (BUILDER, ACES and/or NexGenIT)
• Proficient in use of AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and/or Adobe Photoshop
• Five or more years' experience in engineering and construction project planning, design, & execution
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Contact Jill Young at [email protected]; 202-480-7991
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse