Organization: TIP Strategies, Inc.
Title: Economic Development Analyst
Location: Austin, TX USA
TIP Strategies seeks qualified candidates for an economic development analyst to serve on its data analytics team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and integration of dynamic data tools and visualizations into interactive online or software environments; the collection, cleaning, and processing of large datasets using programming and statistical tools; and the analysis and manipulation of geospatial data across multiple platforms. The successful candidate must have a passion for urban analysis and economic development policy. The position may require infrequent travel. Candidates are not required to be based in Austin, Texas.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated understanding of how national/global trends impact economic development at the local/regional level.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, visualize, and summarize in-depth socio-economic data with accuracy and precision.
• Excellent written and analytical skills. (Verbal communication and presentation skills a plus)
• Aptitude for writing in depth and at a summary level.
• Meticulous dedication to documenting sources, processes, and methodologies.
• Ability to manage priorities effectively and independently to meet project milestones in a timely manner.
• Fluency in a combination of geospatial and data visualization tools, including Tableau, ESRI ArcGIS, R language, and QGIS.
• Fluency in MS Office Suite—including Word, PowerPoint, and (especially) Excel.
• Proficiency with survey, database, and statistical software preferred.
• Proficiency with classification and coding systems for industries (NAICS, GICS, SIC, ISIC), occupations (SOC, ONET), education (CIP), and geography (ANSI/FIPS, ISO 3166).
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in geography, data science, statistics, mathematics, urban planning, regional economics, civil engineering, or other closely related technical field. (Master’s preferred)
Because technical, analytical, and written skills are crucial to this position, candidates may be asked to demonstrate these abilities in exercises or tasks as part of the interview process.
TIP Strategies offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off; profit sharing; matching 401(k); medical, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; and professional development.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] PDF is preferred, but MS Word is accepted. The subject line of the email should be Economic Analyst. Please name your files beginning with FIRST NAME-LAST NAME.
About TIP Strategies
TIP STRATEGIES, INC. (TIP) is a privately held Austin-based firm providing consulting and advisory services to public and private sector clients. Established in 1995, the firm’s core competency is strategic planning for economic development. Our work has broadened to include expertise in talent strategies, organizational development, and social equity.
TIP Strategies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics, or disability unrelated to job performance.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse