Organization: GIS Surveyors, Inc.
Title: GIS Developer (FME)
Location: Poway, CA
A successful GIS Developer (FME) shall develop and implement standards for data input and maintenance, map production, field data collection and metadata creation. This position will be responsible for providing technical and analytical information using software and databases for various projects. With minimal supervision, the individual will be responsible for the development and execution of GIS related project tasks. Applicants must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and take rapidly shifting priorities in stride.
Candidate is responsible for managing geospatial data management, driving analytics, and publishing data within the geospatial environment. The position responsibilities include the design, development, configuration, and implementation of geospatial data and analysis solutions. Focus is on opportunities to enhance or optimize geospatial workflows, manage Geospatial data in SDE and related technologies, and support business users with advanced technical requests. Automation is critical to our success, leveraging FME and Python workflows are core to the role. This position requires strong coordination and cooperation with other staff.
Qualifications/Technical Background Desired
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Geography, electrical or computer engineering, computer science, GIS or related field.
• 5+ years of experience working with ESRI tools and applications
• 3+ years working with FME - FME Workbench / FME Server
• 3+ Python - Python Scripting (ArcPy/ArcGIS API for Python)
• ArcMap / ArcCatalog minimum version 10.x & ArcGIS Pro 2.x
• ArcSDE on Microsoft SQL Server or PostGre
• Experience with ArcGIS for Server & Portal for ArcGIS minimum version 10.x
• Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong understanding of problem-solving techniques
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical resources
• Proficient in the use of hardware and software (PCs, Tablets, IKE, ArcMap, Oracle Pro, CAD, ArcGIS, Google, etc.)
• Advanced proficiency in assigned function (Drafting, Designing, Make Ready, Geographic Information Systems, etc.)
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check.
To perform this job, you must demonstrate the following abilities with past experience:
• The ability to assist with the development of GIS applications and models that enable spatial data analysis and queries
• Understanding and operation of FME workflows and processes in relation to GIS based projects
• The ability to develop spatial and network topology models
• The ability to input and update GIS data, ensuring accuracy + precision and organization
• The ability to communicate with Company personnel, customers, and contractors to ensure tasks are completed
• The ability to perform additional tasks relating to GIS as needed throughout the company
• Advise business users and other staff on recommended processes, workflows and standards when managing and publishing data
• Maintain and create analysis, workflow and SDE level Python scripts
• Create, manage, and maintain complex FME jobs and workflows
• Ability to develop, maintain and operate complex python scripts utilities geospatial libraries
• Coordinate and support Projects team and with the GIS Solution Architect to address system level issues
• Complete as well as ensure completion of tasks for assigned department/project
• Schedule and determine priority of tasks for assigned department/project
• Communicate with employees, contractors, vendors, and/or customers to assist assigned department/project
• Receive, organize, file, and maintain documents and/or data as well as read, interpret, input, and analyze data
• Facilitates meetings, conduct and lead presentations and/or training sessions with end-users, standardizing training and providing detailed documentation as needed.
• Provides clear, concise weekly status reports for assigned team's issues and projects.
• Additional Duties as assigned
If interested and qualified, please email your resume to Sandy Reimer-Highfill at [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse