Organization: City of High Point, NC
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: High Point, NC
Application Deadline: 2021-09-17
The City of High Point's Planning and Development Department seeks to fill a GIS Analyst position in the Planning Services division.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
• Manages projects in the planning work program, including producing cartographic output for plans and projects, overseeing the production of new imagery, and producing demographic data reports
• Oversees the organization and maintenance of the department’s GIS data in the enterprise geospatial database
• Compiles, organizes, queries and analyzes GIS data as needed for studies, projects and planning work program projects, including data pertaining to the physical, social and economic development of the City’s planning area
• Performs data analysis and geoprocessing as needed
• Ensures data standards are met for all department data managed within the enterprise geospatial database
• Incorporates emerging geospatial technologies and techniques when relevant
• Develops GIS applications to facilitate planning programs, projects and analyses
• Prepares graphic display materials, maps, and reports for projects and information inquiries
• Advises supervisor and director pertaining to the direction of the GIS program within the department
• Master’s degree in geography, geographic information systems, geospatial science, planning, or closely related field with two (2) years of relevant GIS experience; or
• Bachelor’s degree in geography, geographic information systems, geospatial science, planning, or closely related field with four (4) years of relevant GIS experience
• Knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS software, web applications, and their associated programming languages;
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of geographic information systems, metadata, coordinate systems, cartography, map projections and scales;
• Knowledge of database management systems to input, manipulate and manage GIS data;
• Knowledge of the methodology and practices used to query and analyze GIS databases;
• Proficient computer skills to utilize and understand software applications needed to perform essential tasks;
• Excellent communication skills to communicate in various forms and convey complex information clearly and effectively to different audiences;
• Good interpersonal skills to create and maintain productive working relationships with associates, city officials, customers and the public;
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage them effectively to meet established deadlines.
• Geographic Information Systems Professional certification desired
• One year or more of local government planning experience and knowledge of planning principles, practices, and design
Salary: $51,508 – $69,909 annually commensurate with qualifications, and with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of September 17, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse