Title: GIS Tools Team Lead
Location: Seattle, WA; Springfield, OR; Columbia Falls, MT; Hot Springs, AR; Atlanta, GA; Madison, GA
You are an experienced Technology leader who is energized by implementing software solutions. You take pride in enabling critical business processes through timely, accurate, and innovative geospatial solutions. You are a curious, determined solution-finder who is motivated to achieve excellence. You are passionate about informed natural resource management, including sustainable forestry.
We are a fast-moving team that manages the enterprise-level GIS platform, datasets, applications, and services for Weyerhaeuser. GIS is critical to daily operations on Weyerhaeuser’s 11 million acres of US timberlands. We’re in the cloud and we’re implementing technology that will keep us at the forefront of innovation in the forest products and land management industries. This includes transforming access to the company’s GIS assets using web and mobile solutions. If you want to be part of a world-class technology team changing the world we live in – come grow with us!
In this role you will lead the GIS Tools team. You will develop relationships with key internal partners throughout Weyerhaeuser’s various business units. You will collaborate with these partners, other Information Technology IT teams, and GIS professionals to deliver and manage innovative GIS software products. Your leadership will ensure the team is working on the right priorities with the right technology to maximize the team’s impact.
- Lead the GIS Tools team within GIS Services including managing a team of three GIS analysts/developers located in multiple US offices.
- Establish a governance model for web and mobile GIS products to improve cross-company collaboration. This includes prioritizing product feature requests, ensuring quality and consistency among published applications, and managing capacity of the team.
- Work closely with Weyerhaeuser’s business units in the development of project charters, financial analysis including ROI for software initiatives, process definitions, use cases, and functional requirements for medium to large-sized projects.
- Lead the on-going development and alignment of IT strategy, product vision and roadmap by working collaboratively with the GIS Services Architect and our business and IT stakeholders.
- Advance the team’s efforts to identify, monitor, and improve utility and warranty metrics for its products and services.
- Champion adoption of web and mobile GIS tools for collaboration and enable other Weyerhaeuser GIS professionals to be more efficient and extend their reach using these technologies.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to advance Weyerhaeuser’s Connected Forest vision, including incorporating GIS technology and integration into the Forest Management, Wood Flow Planning, Transportation, and Contract/Settlement systems.
- Manage vendor partnerships for software and professional services.
- This position requires occasional travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Geography/GIS or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive, relevant IT and/or GIS experience, including software product management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills while working together across business, IT, and vendor groups.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models including knowledge of both agile/iterative and traditional/waterfall project management principles.
- Established as a trusted colleague within IT/GIS communities, and developing strong relationships with business stakeholders.
- Experience leading a small team.
- Experience leading large, complex and enterprise-wide GIS software development projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge designing, developing, deploying, and driving adoption of enterprise GIS solutions using ESRI’s ArcGIS Enterprise, Desktop, and Mobile products
- Hands-on experience with GIS data, GIS data processing, and scripting
- Familiarity with AWS cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles and practices.
- Experience with forestry, land management, land sales/acquisitions, and land title concepts and datasets.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Apply here: http://weyer.jobs/16448
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse