Organization: Nashua Regional Planning Commission
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Nashua NH
The Nashua Regional Planning Commission seeks a GIS specialist to join its award-winning team. The GIS Specialist carries out data development and maintenance, mapping and cartography, support of web apps, and general technical support. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, solution-focused, and customer service-driven.
Example duties include:
• Conducts basic geoprocessing tasks, data digitization, and feature creation or editing to support project needs.
• Supports the NRPC GIS database using best practice workflow. This involves interpretation of deeds, drawings and plans, aerial imagery, and field data to maintain features, attributes, annotations, and metadata.
• Maintains NRPC’s tax mapping services for municipal clients.
• Develop other high-quality GIS maps and graphics products using NRPC conventions for cartography.
• Conducts GPS and mobile field data collection.
• Conducts a limited amount of non-spatial data analysis as needed to support projects.
• Assists in transportation planning-related activities such as traffic and turning movement counts, road inventory, data collection and assists with transportation projects such as access management, bicycle, and pedestrian planning.
This is an entry-level position and NRPC will train the right candidate. Minimum educational requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Geography/GIS, or related Natural Sciences field or Community Planning with a GIS focus. Applicants should be adept at working within the ESRI suite. The following technical expertise is an asset to the position: topologic data editing, annotation management, SQL syntax for query and data manipulation, GIS data modeling, and basics of cartographic design including data-driven pages. Familiarity with GIS to support regional transportation planning and local municipal government is highly desirable. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to attend occasional evening meetings. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Nashua Region is a vibrant landscape of rural, suburban and urban communities located just 40 miles from Downtown Boston. The commission enjoys extensive relationships with its 13 member communities as well as partners spanning the transportation, public health and wellness, human services, business, and philanthropic fields and the selected candidate will enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of creative and cutting edge projects. The commission fosters a work environment that is both personally and professionally fulfilling and encourages continued professional development in an atmosphere that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and two examples of recent GIS project work to Sara Siskavich, Assistant Director-GIS/IT Programs, [email protected] This position is open until filled.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse