Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: Director of Operations
Location: San Diego
Director of Operations at Evari GIS Consulting
About the Position. Evari GIS Consulting seeks a Director of Operations (Ops) to provide project management services and lead the Ops team (Project Managers, GIS Analysts, traveling Field Leads and temporary Field Technicians. The Director of Operations must possess proven skills in managing successful projects, leading teams, mentoring professional development and possess a comprehensive understanding of the Esri Technology Stack (ArcGIS). The Director of Operations works to scale Evari GIS’s business’s resources through periods of growth, while continuing to provide excellent customer service and first-class deliverables. The Director of Operations, like all office staff, work out of Evari GIS Consulting offices, located within the heart of the North Park neighborhood in San Diego CA.
The Director of Operations is responsible to manage 5 full time staff and 10 project-based temporary field staff. We also anticipate the hiring 20, or more, temporary field staff for anticipated projects in the first half of 2022.
The Director of Operations works alongside the Director of IT to deliver all services under contract. Together they are responsible for all client deliverables. The Director of Operations is primarily responsible for collaborating with clients, processes implementation, specifying systems, data quality, training, and custom desktop work. The Director of IT is responsible for implementation and support of enterprise tier systems built upon ArcGIS Server and Amazon Web Services. Each role has a focus, but it is critical that the two roles work together.
• Manage Evari GIS’s largest and most challenging projects
• Make timely critical project management decisions- staff and resource allocation, timetables, and ensure quality of deliverables
• Build Evari’s in-house resources to deliver best-in-class GIS consulting services
• Track scope completion, budgets and timelines for all projects
• Provide guidance and advice to Evari staff working directly for clients.
• Attend regular project status meetings with clients and maintain consistent and clear communication between all project participants
• Advise on proposals, costs, new hires, investments, and other critical business decisions
• Lead by example
• Full time
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision), including coverage for dependents (after 60 days)
• 401K retirement plan with employer match (after 1 year)
• Paid Time Off
• Paid holidays
• Equal Opportunity Employer
• Professional development support- conferences, classes, etc.
Potential Candidates must:
• Understand how a streamlined and profitable GIS Consulting firm functions
• Be enthusiastic about building a business
• Be interested in bringing out the best in employees
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be able to balance an innovation mindset with the ability to work in teams on ongoing projects
• Be able to travel to client sites in and out of the region (occasional multi-day trips)
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience successfully managing large (>$1M) projects.
• Ability to comfortably communicate with a variety of clients, staff, and other professionals with a range of personalities and technical proficiencies
• Have firsthand experience with ArcGIS Desktop/Pro
• Familiarity with the entire Esri Technology Stack (ArcGIS)
• EIT/PE License
• GISP Certification
• Esri Technical Certifications
• A collaborative teammate who appreciates the value of communicating and sharing information
• Enthusiastic about problem solving
• Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
• Is a GIS evangelist who comfortably and enthusiastically engages non-techies in discussions about technology, especially regarding the value of addressing problems from a geographic perspective.
Evari is a small tight-knit team, consisting of hard-working team members who love finding value for our clients through the use of GIS technology. We pride ourselves on always providing cutting\leading edge solutions and evolving with the industry. Our clients value our commitment to their success, our willingness to adjust to meet their unique business needs, and our professionalism under all circumstances.
Workload. As a small business boutique consulting firm, we are subject to a dynamic workload. Most often there is more work than time to meet the demand. At Evari, we rise to the occasion and meet this demand. It is the Director of Operations’ responsibility to leverage Evari’s resources to ensure we deliver upon the scope for clients within budget and time constraints. You, as well as the other members of the Evari team, are expected to do whatever needs to be done to deliver products of which we are proud. In fulfilling your responsibility to ensure we deliver upon the scope of work for our customers, you will have the flexibility to hire independent contractors, temporary employees, new employees and adjust to meet these requirements. It will be your responsibility, along with the Director of IT, to anticipate this and marshal the resources to deliver excellent services.
Sometimes there will be less project-based work than normal. During these times, you will have the opportunity to focus on non-project-based tasks, such as training, improving internal processes, evaluating modern technologies or working on making our current solutions better. Our team is constantly striving to get things done.
How to apply. Please submit a 1 or 2 page cover letter to [email protected], explaining your interest in the position and salary requirements. Please also include a 1-page resume for consideration. This position is open until filled.
About Evari GIS. Evari GIS Consulting Inc. has been in business since June 2009 and was founded with the purpose of providing high-quality GIS services on government work. Evari is a boutique consulting firm specializing in delivering custom GIS solutions for clients on the ArcGIS technology stack and Amazon Web Services platform. Evari GIS Consulting is a fast-growing business with one foot in traditional GIS Consulting and another in the innovation community. Evari’s clientele includes some of the largest private companies, utilities, and municipalities in the United States. The firm balances broad national relationships with a deep connection to the local San Diego community. Evari provides GIS consulting services on traffic, planning, electrical undergrounding, storm water, real estate, municipal and utility street and roadway lighting and energy services projects, among others.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse