Organization: Innovate!, Inc.
Title: Sr. GIS Developer
Job Description-Senior GIS Developer
Innovate! Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its geospatial solutions team as a Senior GIS Developer. Our team is looking for well-organized, self-directed applicants who have experience with the ArcGIS suite of desktop and server software as well as with developing desktop and web-based GIS applications using a variety of programming languages. You will be responsible for working with a core team to manage large and small GIS projects for environmental applications. You may be called upon to assist with the design, development, and maintenance of geospatial applications through concept, design, and implementation phases. Your role will also include supporting other personnel in utilizing GIS applications and software as well as interfacing with clients and teaming partners.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “Let me at it” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
• Ability to work with ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Web Application Builder and Experience Builder
• Ability to manage GIS data within at least one of the following: Oracle, SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL database environments
• Ability to use environmental data and developing applications for visualization, analysis, and presentation of environmental data
• Experience in web design/development and an understanding of Web 2.0 concepts
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies, work independently, and quickly turnaround maps, application prototypes or other deliverables
• Preparing Agile/Scrum meetings and sprints with team and client
• At least 2 years of GIS development experience or equivalent college-level coursework
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, computer science, or related field
• Experience with at least two or more programming languages
• Ability to qualify for specific labor categories for a given client
EXECUTIVE ORDER ON ENSURING ADEQUATE COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR FEDERAL CONTRACTORS
As a federal contractor, we are under the requirements of the Executive Order that our direct and support workers, including fully remote employees, are vaccinated for COVID-19.
Employees must ensure they are following Innovate workplace Covid-19 safety protocols and comply with published CDC guidance for masking and physical distancing while onsite at all contract facilities and business travel. Click the link to see current CDC workplace guidelines. Workplaces and Businesses | COVID-19 | CDC
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Innovate! Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company passionate about the dynamic benefits of providing effective management consulting, IT support, and geospatial technology for the federal government. We believe that thinking innovatively can achieve positive results in organizations that lead to cultural and business change. This belief and our ability to deliver cutting-edge solutions were recognized with Innovate being named 2012 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Outstanding 8(a) Small Business of the Year. Innovate is a fast-paced, rapidly growing group of entrepreneurs creating a culture of excellence. Rapid advancement within our organization is not only possible it is encouraged.
To view our website, visit http://www.innovateteam.com.
Innovate! Inc. proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active-Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on our Career page: Innovate Public Job Board. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 703.922.9090 x5.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
To learn more about Innovate’s benefits, please click here: Benefits
To request salary range information for this position, please click here: Salary https://innovateteam.secure.force.com/InnovatePublicJobBoard/apex/SalaryRequest?id=a1K5d000007PZXwEAO
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse