Organization: City of Hillsboro
Title: Planner - Long Range
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Application Deadline: 2022-07-03
Salary Range: $69,137 - $90,980 annually, based on relevant experience
Full-time, non-exempt position plus full benefits package.
The closing date for this position is 11:59 p.m., Sunday, July 3, 2022.
First round interviews to take place the week of July 11th.
The City of Hillsboro is hiring a Planner in our Long Range Section of the Planning Division.
Hillsboro is a growing 150-year-old city and economic engine of the state connected by light-rail to Portland, Oregon.
Come work in Oregon’s most diverse large city.
Do you have advanced skills researching, analyzing, and compiling data, and preparing GIS maps, graphics, and technical documentation to inform planning projects and policy initiatives?
Collaborate across departments and agencies with outstanding, multi-disciplinary professionals.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
Current and Upcoming Projects:
The Community Development Department’s Planning Division has multiple exciting planning projects and policy initiatives critical to the near- and long-term goals for the City of Hillsboro and the Portland, Oregon metro region. This Planner – Long Range position will research, analyze, and compile data, and prepare high-quality technical planning documents, maps, graphics, and analyses. Support projects such as an updated housing needs analysis, a housing production strategy, and buildable lands inventory. Other future work includes supporting implementation of our award-winning City Comprehensive Plan.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Researching, analyzing, and compiling data to inform planning projects and policy initiatives.
• Preparing high-quality technical planning documents, maps, graphics, and analyses.
• Managing and developing geospatial data including the creation and management of databases and ESRI ArcGIS products.
• Supporting highly technical projects such as an updated housing needs analysis, a housing production strategy, and buildable lands inventory.
• Simplifying complex technical information and providing public presentations.
• Meeting with internal staff, consultants, agencies, and other stakeholders.
• Performing other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Advanced skills researching, analyzing, and compiling data, and preparing GIS maps, graphics, and technical documentation, to inform planning projects and policy initiatives. Manage and develop geospatial data and simplify complex technical information.
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is desirable
• Required Skills: Advanced skills with ESRI ArcGIS Pro.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Regional Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Geography or related field and, as assigned, up to two years of municipal planning related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
Apply Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hillsboro
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse