Organization: RedCastle Resources
Title: GIS Analyst III
Location: Ft. Collins, CO or remote
Company Background: RedCastle Resources is a progressive, employee-friendly company providing geospatial and information technology support to natural resource management agencies throughout the country and around the world. We specialize in the analysis of remote sensing, ecological, and other geospatial data, focusing on technical expertise and communicating with natural resource managers and other subject matter experts. The majority of our staff provide support through contracts with the USDA Forest Service, assisting National Forests, Regional and Washington Offices, USFS Research, International Programs, and partner federal agencies to use advanced geospatial data and technology for improved mapping, inventorying, and monitoring of natural resources.
Position Description: The GIS Analyst III will work as part of the RedCastle Resources team to provide support for Quantitative Analysis and GIS and Spatial Analysis Programs for the Forest Health Assessment and Applied Sciences Team (FHAAST) in the area of geospatial data production and analysis.
The successful candidate will maintain a large spatial data library (SDL) consisting of over 600 layers, primarily in raster format. Layers in the SDL include climate, topography, soils, satellite imagery, forest pest conditions, and others. The SDL is highly tuned to FHAAST risk and hazard modeling needs. In addition, the candidate will provide geospatial data support for the national Insect and Disease Survey (IDS) map. On a broader scale the analyst will provide geospatial analysis support to satisfy a wide range of requests from the WO, field, state partners, and other staff requests. This could include both raster and vector-based analysis/data processing and tabular queries.
The following characteristics are desirable:
● Personal and professional interest in natural resources and the application of geospatial technologies to resource management problems;
● Proficient in ArcGIS Pro (Desktop also considered), Google Earth Engine (GEE), Google Earth Pro, R, Python and ArcGIS model builder for automation;
● Skills for querying and linking tabular data to raster and vector data and knowledge of raster formats and file compression;
● Familiarity with other image processing software such as ENVI or IMAGINE and related image analysis software or computing environments, including experience with GIS in cloud computing environments outside of GEE;
● Good communication skills including technical writing and verbal communication;
● Willingness, aptitude, and skills to successfully teach complex information to adult learners;
Successful candidates should be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, be able to work independently, be able to collaborate with resource specialists, and be adaptable to changing client priorities.
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will have experience in remote sensing with good current working knowledge of geospatial software as described above. The minimum degree requirement is a BS/BA degree in natural resources, geography, ecology, forestry, or similar relevant field, AND at least five (5) years of specialized Professional work experience, in the development and application of geospatial methods for conducting natural resource assessments and modeling.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position offers a generous benefits package which includes health and dental insurance, company matching 401K and profit sharing, long and short term disability insurance, and paid vacation and holidays.
Apply @: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/69196100
For additional information, please call (801) 322-5100. RedCastle Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse