Organization: Atwell and Gent, P.A.
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Starkville, MS
JOB DESCRIPTION: GIS Analyst
DUTIES: Professional work that performs the data input, design, analysis, maintenance, and development of the Geographic Information System (GIS) enterprise geodatabase and related systems in support of A&G’s electric utility and institutional customers. Duties include:
• Performs spatial analysis and creates cartographic products, graphics, data, and reports utilizing specialized computer software such as ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, WindMilMap, and others in support of Atwell & Gent’s electric utility & institutional customers.
• Utilizes GIS to support infrastructure planning, modeling, mapping, and statistical, operational, and administrative functions.
• Creates, manipulates, and edits spatial data from a variety of sources such as CAD drawings, GPS data, as-build drawings, historical maps, and survey notes.
• Creates thematic maps and cartography products using advanced GIS tools.
• Identify and resolve missing, wrong, or conflicting information on construction records and maps and in related data.
• Extracts, compiles, and exports GIS data to ArcGIS Fields Maps and other software applications such as Outage Management Systems.
• Maintains, updates, and administers GIS infrastructure, data, and applications. Ensures overall integrity, accuracy, and reliability of all data. Implements GIS commercial off the shelf solutions and/or develops custom solutions to support end-user needs.
Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science, or related field and three (3) years' experience in spatial analysis and administration of GIS systems. Experience in a utility environment (electric, water, and/or wastewater) using ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online is preferred.
Six (6) years combination of education, training, and/or experience in spatial analysis and administration of GIS systems. Experience in a utility environment (electric, water, and/or wastewater) preferred.
A valid driver's license is required prior to employment and must be maintained during employment in this classification.
GIS Professional certification is preferred.
PAY & BENEFITS
We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, bi-annual goals-based incentive bonuses, health and dental insurance, 401(K), holidays and personal leave.
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week, flexible works days and hours.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
ABOUT ATWELL & GENT: Atwell & Gent, P.A. is a growing, client-focused, project-driven electrical engineering and consulting firm specializing in utility, industrial, and institutional power systems. Additional information can be found on our website at www.atwellandgent.com.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse