Organization: Mukilteo Water and Wastewater District
Title: GIS & Asset Management Coordinator
Location: Mukilteo, WA
GIS & Asset Management Coordinator
Monthly Salary: Grade 16 $7,502 - $9,585
The Mukilteo Water & Wastewater District (District) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated GIS & Asset Management Coordinator. Under direction of the Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible for maintaining and improving the District’s existing GIS as well as coordinating the implementation and operation of the District’s asset management program. We are looking for someone who is excited about taking the District’s GIS and Asset Management systems to the next level.
The District has a service area of 8.3 square miles within the City of Mukilteo, City of Everett, Unincorporated Snohomish County, and Paine Field Airport. The District has over 91 miles of water mains, 81 miles of gravity sewer mains, seven miles of sewer force mains, four water reservoirs, one booster pump station,12 sewer lift stations, and a wastewater treatment facility.
As part of the District’s 22 full-time member team, the GIS & Asset Management Coordinator will collaborate closely with all staff members to ensure GIS and asset management data and tools are used effectively to meet the on-going and emerging needs of the District. The ideal candidate should have the ability to evaluate and identify asset management and GIS needs and help shape a work plan to move both systems forward.
By joining the District, you will work in an environment where innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement are highly encouraged and supported. We strive to not only provide job stability, but a lifelong career.
The District offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, and a wide range of paid benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability insurance, a deferred compensation option with 2% employer match and more. This position is also eligible for Washington State Public Employee Retirement System.
Qualified candidates will have knowledge of:
• ArcMap, ArcGIS Enterprise including Web Appbuilder and ArcGIS online
• Levels of Service and Consequences of Failure as it pertains to asset management
• Current GIS technologies and industry trends
• Asset management and maintenance practices
• Asset inventory definitions and naming conventions
• Analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Visual communication and data mapping theories
• GIS application development, programming, and/or GIS related technologies
• GIS web-mapping applications served to internal and external users
• Database techniques to process and analyze geo-spatial datasets
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other departments, employees, and outside entities
Qualified candidates will have the ability to:
• Support and configure ESRI Enterprise GIS software and layers
• Communicate effectively by oral, written, and by other graphical means
• Lead projects independently and act in a lead role on projects
• Develop, and support QA/QC on new and existing GIS data creating, configuring, and administering web-based GIS maps
• Design, build, and administer Enterprise databases
• Introduce and promote the use of asset management concepts and practices in a strategic and practical manner
• Review and recommend assets to be managed within the Asset Management Program
• Define Asset Management priorities, goals, and plans; ensure District staff are working in common direction
• Develop, document, and maintain asset inventories, asset conditions, levels of service and performance, maintenance strategies, repair/replacement models, and work plans associated with all District assets
• Independently analyze problems and assist others in GIS and asset management analysis
• Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to District needs
• Learn innovative programs, platforms, and tools to finish specific analysis and tasks
• Convey technical information to non-technical users
• Train users in GIS products and promote GIS solutions
This position will be required to work onsite for the 6-month orientation period with the possibility of a hybrid schedule once the orientation period is complete.
Please visit https://www.mukilteowwd.org/Jobs.aspx for a complete job description and to apply online.
Please submit all application materials including a cover letter and resume by Sunday, January 1, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. You are encouraged to include examples of your work product. This position will remain open until filled.
• Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of January 9th
Failure to submit all required application materials may lead to disqualification from the selection process.
For questions about this recruitment or other information related to employment please contact Kendra Hovis, Executive Assistant-HR Administrator at (425) 355-3355 or [email protected]
Prior to employment, a criminal history background check, drug test, and reference checks will be conducted on the top candidates. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains policies for a drug-free and smoke-free work environment.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse