Organization: Owl Ridge Natural Resource Consultants
Title: Scientist/GIS Analyst
Location: Anchorage, Alaska (On-Site)
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references as a single PDF to [email protected] Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, thank you.
This is an entry to senior level position that will provide full-time Geographic Information System (GIS) technical support and science-based support to meet the diverse needs of the company. We expect the Scientist/GIS Analyst to quickly learn and grow, becoming familiar GIS processes, document management, regulatory compliance, and applicable field investigations to meet project needs. The successful candidate will have the documented knowledge, skills, education and abilities outlined below.
• Increased knowledge and expertise with the ESRI ArcGIS software: ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcPro and ArcGIS Online
• Understanding and application of geographic coordinate systems and projections
• Strong cartographic skills
• Fundamental understanding of data editing and spatial analysis
• Basic understanding of public data sources employed for natural resource consulting
• Understanding and knowledge of database design and implementation
• Field data collection employing various instrumentation including GPS, Arc Collector etc.
• Programming capabilities a plus but not required
• Support Health and Safety reporting
• Travel into the field to support Owl Ridge biological and hydrological investigations, including data collection
• Support field studies programs including development of sampling plans, data analysis, and summary reports
• Understand the regulatory environment that drives the scientific and data needs of the project
• Identify and design systems and procedures as needed to make Owl Ridge more efficient and with greater deliverable quality
Position Qualifications and Skills
B.S./B.A. or higher education in GIS, Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, Resource Management, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline. Desired skills include: data analysis, proficiency in mathematics, conducting research, strong written and verbal communication, problem solving, attention to detail, and proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel & Access), MS Visio, and MS Project. Prior experience in consulting a plus. Prior experience living in Alaska preferred.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Designation
This position is a non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis and overtime pay is applicable. Overtime must be approved by supervisor.
This position may have travel requirements to remote Alaska sites, or other Owl Ridge office locations.
Remuneration and Profit Sharing
Owl Ridge philosophy is to share in the success with all employees through profit sharing and remunerate key staff for work that results in profitable clients and increased revenue.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse