Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: GIS Manager (Director of Operations)
Location: San Diego, CA USA
About the Position. Evari GIS Consulting seeks a GIS Manager (Director of Operations) to provide project management and technical GIS/IT expertise. This hire will lead the Operations team - Project Managers, GIS Analysts, traveling Field Leads and project based/temporary Field Technicians. The Director of Operations must possess proven skills in managing all aspects of successful projects, leading teams, and mentoring younger staff. The ideal hire will have 5+ years of progressively more responsible experience in a professional services environment, and will have experience with not only the technical work required of the position, but financial controls and project management as well.
The Director of Operations works to scale Evari GIS’s business’s resources through periods of growth, while continuing to provide excellent customer service and first-class deliverables. The Director of Operations, like all office staff, works out of Evari GIS Consulting offices, located within the heart of the North Park neighborhood in San Diego CA.
The Director of Operations is the final person responsible for client deliverables. They are primarily responsible for collaborating with clients, processes implementation, specifying GIS deployments, data quality, training, and custom desktop work. The Director of Operations works closely with the Director of IT who is responsible for implementation and support of enterprise-tier systems built upon ArcGIS Server/Enterprise and Amazon Web Services.
The current Operations Department overseen by the GIS Manager includes 3 full office time staff (GIS Analysts), 4 Field Audit Leads and 10 temporary project-based field staff. The Director of Operations is also a member of the Evari GIS Leadership Team. The Leadership team meets weekly to discuss and act on a wide variety of company-wide issues.
● Make timely critical project management decisions- staff and resource allocation, timetables, and ensure quality of deliverables.
● Build Evari’s in-house resources to deliver best-in-class GIS consulting services.
● Track scope completion, budgets and timelines for all projects
● Provide technical GIS/IT expertise and guidance to Evari staff working directly for clients.
● Attend regular project status meetings with clients and maintain consistent and clear communication between all project participants
● Advise on proposals, costs, new hires, investments, and other critical business decisions
● Real-world experience as a GIS professional
● Managing large (>$1M) projects.
● Managing delivery of scope, time, costs under contract
● Working in energy, transportation, planning, environmental or related disciplines
● Strong working knowledge all levels of the Esri Technology Stack (ArcGIS Desktop/Pro/Server/Enterprise)
● Interested in completing projects successfully across a wide range of clients and disciplines
● Enthusiastic about building a business
● interested in bringing out the best in employees
● Excellent verbal and written communicator
● Able to balance an innovation mindset with the ability to lead teams on ongoing projects
● Excellent organizational skills
● Ability to comfortably communicate with a variety of clients, staff, and other professionals with a range of personalities and technical proficiencies
● A collaborative teammate who enjoys “showing the ropes” to less experience staff
● Enthusiastic about problem solving
● Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
● Is a GIS evangelist who comfortably and enthusiastically engages non-techies in discussions about technology, especially regarding the value of addressing problems from a geographic perspective.
Employment Terms & Benefits:
● Base pay of $95K–135K, depending upon experience, alignment and existing relationships
● Full time
● Health benefits (medical, dental, vision), including coverage for dependents (eligible after 60 days)
● 401K retirement plan with employer match (eligible after one year)
● Paid Time Off
● Paid holidays
● Equal Opportunity Employer
● Professional development support- conferences, classes, etc.
● Cell phone & laptop stipend
Evari GIS is a small tight-knit team, consisting of hard-working team members who love finding value for our clients through the use of GIS technology. We pride ourselves on providing innovative solutions and evolving with the GIS industry. Our clients value our commitment to their success, our willingness to adjust to meet their unique business needs, and our professionalism under all circumstances.
How to apply. Please complete a job application on our Career Center and include a cover letter and 1-page resume. Visit : https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=688f45c4-e926-43fb-9a23-42894f2da0ec&jobId=497778
About Evari GIS. Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the mission of bringing value to clients through high quality implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technologies.
Our staff has extensive experience in the private, nonprofit and government sectors. We focus on aligning projects' business needs with effective GIS implementation by obtaining a clear understanding of project specific requirements and industry-standard best practices. Our custom systems, services, and products provide our clients straightforward and intuitive ways to interact with, visualize and analyze geographic data. We leverage the Esri Technology Stack (ArcGIS) and the Amazon Web Services Cloud Computing platform for a broad range of municipal GIS applications including planning, traffic, street lighting, infrastructure, utilities, stormwater, AEC and asset management projects.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse