Title: GIS Data Coordinator - Stavanger, Norway
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Application Deadline: 2023-06-12
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started out and remain GIS experts (or geeks. . . depending on your perspective). Since 2006, we’ve evolved into a world-class and world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics that drive client, professional, and personal success. geocgi is looking for a GIS Data Coordinator to assist a client in geo-enabling scenario and exercise datasets. This is a full-time onsite position with the NATO Joint Warfare Centre in Stavanger, Norway. The ideal candidate should have experience working with multi-user enterprise geodatabases and managing services with ArcGIS Server. The candidate will gather requirements from exercise subject matter experts and create geodatabase schemas which meet reporting and mapping requirements. This includes the identification of standardized data sources, implementation of data types, attribution, and domains; and employing best practices to create and manage vector geospatial data. The ideal candidate will be:
• A self-starter, internally motivated, persistent, and dedicated to improving business processes, and identifying and implementing best in class solutions.
• Curious and relentlessly determined to continuously pursue innovation and implement emerging technology.
• Proactive and able to anticipate customer and project needs.
• A team player, with a desire to create buy in and meet the expectations of peers and the customer.
• Passionate about the geospatial industry and new technology.
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses.
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting.
• Flexible work hours and PTO.
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals.
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the GIS Data Coordinator:
• US Citizen.
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or IT related field.
• DoD Secret Clearance.
• Demonstrated expertise with ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro.
• 3 years of experience in any programming language, such as Python.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL queries and programmability. (Preferred)
• Experience with database administration and domains. (Preferred)
• Experience aggregating data from multiple sources and formats. (Preferred)
• Experience with publishing and managing web services through ArcGIS Enterprise. (Preferred)
• Experience building web applications using ArcGIS Web AppBuilder and/or Experience Builder. (Preferred)
• Esri Enterprise Administration Technical Certification. (Preferred)
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. geocgi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse