Organization: Tetra Tech, Inc.
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Tetra Tech’s commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking a Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist for our Kansas City, MO operations to support a variety of projects in a dynamic consulting environment. This position functions primarily as a GIS Specialist for the Kansas City office, but will work with other GIS Specialists, data managers, and project managers across the company, providing support on various contracts and projects.
This position functions in a GIS Specialist capacity with appropriate supervision, performing moderate GIS and data management tasks including geospatial and environmental data/database management, map/figure creation, data analysis and reporting, web-based mapping application development, mobile data collection setup and management, and workflow automation. Job responsibilities include:
• Work in a team setting to support project managers/stakeholders with map/graphic, database, and web-based mapping application development on environmental and disaster management planning projects for various local, State, and Federal clients.
• Interface with GIS discipline leads/specialists, project managers, field personnel, and other internal and external clients.
• May include occasional field work on projects/sites including assisting project managers and field staff with environmental sampling and assessment activities in support of environmental investigation and/or emergency response activities.
• Support field staff with the collection, documentation, and management of soil and water samples, operation of equipment used for field studies (not including machinery), interpretation of sample data, and assisting with the preparation of data summary reports.
• Field work that may require overnight travel and extensive work outdoors.
Other job responsibilities include:
• Assist project team with the preparation of map products, metadata, datasets, and electronic data collection tools for specific elements of Tetra Tech projects.
• Develop or modify deliverables based on redlines/rough sketches, marked-up copies and/or detailed verbal instructions.
• Compile, evaluate, modify, and analyze data to support preparation of web-based mapping applications, figures, tables, graphs, databases, and reports.
• Provide on-site and/or off-site GIS support for environmental sampling and emergency response activities.
• Attend internal and external client meetings.
• Research various websites and data stores for data applicable to each project.
• Establish and maintain required files to document data references, metadata, analytical methods, calculations, and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
• Perform additional tasks specific to an area of expertise or technology.
• Ensure that the deliverables and tasks worked on are complete and follow Tetra Tech’s Quality Control program requirements.
Candidates should have 0-4 years of demonstrated work experience performing GIS tasks. Desired skills in the ideal candidate include but are not limited to:
• Fundamental knowledge and experience with Esri desktop, ArcGIS Online, and mobile suite of applications a must. This includes ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap/ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Online, and Mobile suite: Survey123, Field Maps, QuickCapture.
• Experience developing web-based mapping applications (using Esri Web AppBuilder and/or Experience Builder), Survey123 forms, and maps for use with mobile products.
• Experience managing geospatial information in Esri file geodatabases a must.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications a must.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced consulting environment and demonstrate organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Other desired skills include:
• Experience managing geospatial information in Spatial Database Engine (SDE) highly desirable.
• Experience managing information/data in relational database systems such as Microsoft Access or SQL Server a plus.
• Experience with Esri ArcGIS Server, Python, Adobe Creative Suite, CAD (AutoDesk and/or Bentley), or other mapping or graphic design software is also desirable.
In addition, this position requires passing a criminal background check.
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Information Systems, Environmental Science, or closely related field.
• Able to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting.
• Able to carry objects weighing 40 lbs.
• Must be able to tolerate working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
• Perform manual labor including excavation with shovels.
• Work may require extended field rotations (sometimes 10-12 days at a time).
• Must be able to wear full-face respirator and complete annual medical monitoring program, including pulmonary function testing.
This position may require limited travel largely within (but not limited to) the four-state area of Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, and Nebraska during all seasons, including peak summer and winter conditions. Overnight travel for periods of 2 to 3 days at a time (occasionally longer) may also be required.
For more information and to apply, please visit the job posting here: https://tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/gis-specialist-34595
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse